Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Bulletin Backup

Does anyone know why the first prefernce category is stuck at April 2001 for over ten months now? I am wondering if it has to do with the fact that the state department has everybody working on labor certification matters or the extension of 245(i) up to April 2001 by President Bill Clinton?

Does anyone know why the first prefernce category is stuck at April 2001 for over ten months now? I am wondering if it has to do with the fact that the state department has everybody working on labor certification matters or the extension of 245(i) up to April 2001 by President Bill Clinton?

Comment

I think it is because that category is over-subscribe.A lot of f2b petioner are now US citizen so they upgrade their beneficiary petition causing F1 to stall.

Comment

I hope people don't start calling Family based first preference F1. It will only confuse people as F-1's are students. We went through the same thing when they started calling Labor Certs LCA's which is what H-1 Labor Condition Applications are called

Come on people!

Comment

The numbers will probably stay at April 2001 for some time. You have to remember that April 30, 2001 was the cutoff for filing petitions that would be eligible for 245(i) (it allows people that are out of status to adjust in the US instead of having to return abroad). There was a glut of petitions filed prior to the 4/30/01 deadline. So there are more petitions to get through in April of 2001.

Comment

Hi Bronzelady,
            Cut off date for F2B is right now July 01, 1996 and my sister's PD is August 08, 1996. Any idea or prediction in terms of how long it will take to become current since there isn't much movement in F2B lately. Thank you.

Comment

I was wondering when someone would get around to this. Yep, I'm in the same boat: 4 years and still no further. That means no way of getting anything done. So much for a speedy process. It could be another 3 years that's complete ****! Sorry just venting and fustrated. Thanks Bronzelady always good to hear your advice.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed