Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sobriety Check

I'm an ILW.COM subscriber for quite awhile now, but just recently joined this Discussion Board. Above ground, this website is so decent and professional. Yet in a few days that I joined the Board, I got shocked to realize that in the backdrop, you will be lost in the whirlwind of a dark abyss of literary squalor and vulgar exchanges that more appropriately fit the MySpace or YouTube genre.

I must admit, my qualification in US immigration is rudimentary and academic. I interact in order to learn from senior and seasoned practitioners who are obviously willing to share their expertise in a blink of an eye. But there are also a handful of zealots that use this forum to advance their venomous agenda of hate. Those who believe that the 12M illegals have come here en masse and hence must also be removed in one go. They tend to forget that this mess is a byproduct of a string of neglect, not by a single event. They, too, have valid points but this isn't supposed to be their venue, is it? They can run for public office, say, locally at first, so that their anti-immigrant agenda just as well cannot, or if at all, very few survive judicial scrutiny.

This forum has been surely designed to afford a wholesome free market of ideas to enable every member to have an intelligent view of the system and all its pluses and minuses. This is a private venture characterized by volunteerism so it's too much to ask to deserve a moderator. Let's just police our own ranks then if that's the case. An argument conveyed with wrath doesn't enlighten but rather muddle the issue further. Labeling works well to sell products but incompatible with a friendly dialogue and malicious name-calling achieves nothing but to feed the fetishes of the advocates of discord.

This, therefore, is a call for a sobriety check. I know I'm not alone who want nothing but to engage in an honest to goodness discourse on this forum. Anyone who will bait us to engage into a string of hate-filled exchanges should be left alone in the cold, dead on its track, or languish in solitary confinement. Let them rant, grumble, blow their tops and breathe fire. When they sensed that we're indeed too busy to heed their moans and whimpers, they may opt to shift to MySpace and YouTube! (Pardon my English... I'm three local dialects and one national language away from it. But I'm trying).

I'm an ILW.COM subscriber for quite awhile now, but just recently joined this Discussion Board. Above ground, this website is so decent and professional. Yet in a few days that I joined the Board, I got shocked to realize that in the backdrop, you will be lost in the whirlwind of a dark abyss of literary squalor and vulgar exchanges that more appropriately fit the MySpace or YouTube genre.

I must admit, my qualification in US immigration is rudimentary and academic. I interact in order to learn from senior and seasoned practitioners who are obviously willing to share their expertise in a blink of an eye. But there are also a handful of zealots that use this forum to advance their venomous agenda of hate. Those who believe that the 12M illegals have come here en masse and hence must also be removed in one go. They tend to forget that this mess is a byproduct of a string of neglect, not by a single event. They, too, have valid points but this isn't supposed to be their venue, is it? They can run for public office, say, locally at first, so that their anti-immigrant agenda just as well cannot, or if at all, very few survive judicial scrutiny.

This forum has been surely designed to afford a wholesome free market of ideas to enable every member to have an intelligent view of the system and all its pluses and minuses. This is a private venture characterized by volunteerism so it's too much to ask to deserve a moderator. Let's just police our own ranks then if that's the case. An argument conveyed with wrath doesn't enlighten but rather muddle the issue further. Labeling works well to sell products but incompatible with a friendly dialogue and malicious name-calling achieves nothing but to feed the fetishes of the advocates of discord.

This, therefore, is a call for a sobriety check. I know I'm not alone who want nothing but to engage in an honest to goodness discourse on this forum. Anyone who will bait us to engage into a string of hate-filled exchanges should be left alone in the cold, dead on its track, or languish in solitary confinement. Let them rant, grumble, blow their tops and breathe fire. When they sensed that we're indeed too busy to heed their moans and whimpers, they may opt to shift to MySpace and YouTube! (Pardon my English... I'm three local dialects and one national language away from it. But I'm trying).

Comment

illegal is illegal, no matter how much you or any other moron wishes to sugarcoat the label.

Comment

You mean the one with 2000+ posts and counting? Just don't bite the bait, Madam, and everything will be OK.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They, too, have valid points but this isn't supposed to be their venue, is it? They can run for public office, say, locally at first, so that their anti-immigrant agenda just as well cannot, or if at all, very few survive judicial scrutiny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We've been through this so many times trying to get rid of this sc.um poster to no avail.

There is, I think, one poster behind the hate filled posts. He was banned under other ids to come back under new ones.

I've reported the member many times and it seems the moderators are in on it because it doesn't work.

May it be that as a power member he provides hits for the website? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This IS a public website forum, fyi, NOT the Gestapo.

Comment

clap clap clap

Comment

Well said Rough Neighbor, I couldn't have said it better myself! Worth a repost, sorry it's an oldie, but goodie.

RN-I sent you a PM, thanks,
              NHF

Comment

its how? and the manner they do it. No need for the sort of niveau thats here. But there are many other forums offering immigration advice, and as was stated.. freedom of speech.etc etc.. and people that require mature, informative help and in a manner a decent adult individual deserves they wander away to the more serious forums.. well away from ILW. This forum obviously has a reason, i am just not sure if its intentions are the ones it portrays!

Comment

I agree !! We must be civilized ! I TOO have been shocked and dismayed at the level of immaturity and rudeness displayed by some posters. I have had to act as an enforcer for good behaviors. Ever since ILW banned MICHAEL, the quality of this forum has gone way down. BRING BACK MICHAEL !!!

Comment

Comment

I am sorry but who is this person Michael?? why is he so important and why was he banned?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shelly2020:
                        I am sorry but who is this person Michael?? why is he so important and why was he banned? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MICHAEL was the greatest ILW poster there was. Every post was dead on accurate, truthful and corageous. ILW could not handle the truth so they banned him. But he gave birth to a legion of faithful followers and they can not ban us all !

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
                          Rough Neighbor,
                          We've been through this so many times trying to get rid of this sc.um poster to no avail.
                          There is, I think, one poster behind the hate filled posts. He was banned under other ids to come back under new ones.
                          I've reported the member many times and it seems the moderators are in on it because it doesn't work.
                          May it be that as a power member he provides hits for the website?
                          ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is this person? I Will not allow anyone to post any hateful messages !!! The ILW are in on it; they banned Michael who, like me, posted messages of love.

Comment

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed