Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Status Online

After a case transferred from regional INS office to district INS office, does the case status check get update at district level or not, I hear it just get updated at regional office only. Any feedback will be appreciated.

After a case transferred from regional INS office to district INS office, does the case status check get update at district level or not, I hear it just get updated at regional office only. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Comment

The case is handled by the District. Unfortunately, you can't check the status on-line other than to compare it to the processing date.

Comment

I agree that u can check proceessing times but what is your date ? the date is ur case transfered OR the date is u applied originally with center? because i apllied 485 at NSCon03/02 now they transfered at chicago and they proceess aug02 cases so i am confuse

Comment

The priority date does not change. If you filed in X month, 2002, your case remains an X month, 2002 case.

What happens next depends on the processing date of the local office. If it is a slow office (say they are working 1999) with a large backlog, the district office will interfile your case in the pile of other cases waiting to be adjudicated. Your case will sit and collect dust until they get to 2002 cases.

If it is a quick office (working cases filed 6 months ago) with no backlog, as a case older than the published processing date, your case will get priority. Be aware that you still have to run through the bureaucratic mill. Are your fingerprints expired? USCIS will schedule you, but that takes 3-4 months. Do you need an interview? They will schedule you, but again that adds another 3-4 months. Missing a document? Can you guess? That's right; an RFE will take another 3-4 months. Security checks...

Hopefully your case is valid and was just transferred to the district for QA. If has gone to ICE for investigation it will take forever. And before you ask, they do not divulge that info.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation