Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigrant Visa Interview in South Africa

My South African fiancé was deported in November, 2003 for being illegal in the States. I went to South Africa and married him in March, 2004. I filed an I-130 and it was approved November, 2004. It is my understanding that he has to go for an immigrant visa interview there in SA before returning to the States. I have sent 2 money orders ($65 & $335) to the National Visa Center. With him having been deported from the USA and now having an I-130 approved here in the USA, what are his chances of getting through the immigrant visa interview with an approval from the Consulate in South Africa to return to the States? Do I really need to hire an attorney now or can I wait and retain an attorney if for some reason he is found inadmissible based on his order of removal from the USA? Is there anything that he needs to know before going to his interview? It has been difficult on me financially and I would like to wait and retain an attorney for the green card processing once he returns to the States.??? I'm very confused. Please reply with any comments that you think will help my situation.

My South African fiancé was deported in November, 2003 for being illegal in the States. I went to South Africa and married him in March, 2004. I filed an I-130 and it was approved November, 2004. It is my understanding that he has to go for an immigrant visa interview there in SA before returning to the States. I have sent 2 money orders ($65 & $335) to the National Visa Center. With him having been deported from the USA and now having an I-130 approved here in the USA, what are his chances of getting through the immigrant visa interview with an approval from the Consulate in South Africa to return to the States? Do I really need to hire an attorney now or can I wait and retain an attorney if for some reason he is found inadmissible based on his order of removal from the USA? Is there anything that he needs to know before going to his interview? It has been difficult on me financially and I would like to wait and retain an attorney for the green card processing once he returns to the States.??? I'm very confused. Please reply with any comments that you think will help my situation.

Comment

It sounds as if he will need a waiver in order to get approval. You may want to post on www.immigrate2us.net. There are a LOT of posters on there who have been dealing with waivers and they are usually glad to help if they are able.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation