X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got_Faith
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MAC003:
    Hi iLw members

I'd like to adopt my spouse last name; do you know the legal procedure of name change in NYC?

Do It Myself:
    Can I do it myself by purchasing an eform(Declaration of Legal Name Change) from www.Nolo.com ?
    And then, go to my identity cards related institutions such as, DMV, the Social Security Administration, USCIS to have my driving license's SScard, Greencard, name changed?

Thanks in advance for your help & advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can get certain federal forms for FREE at www.Forms.gov .

Here's a link for an 'Affidavit Regarding A Change Of Name' ~ it seems to be related to U.S. passports. Maybe it'll help you.

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/

Leave a comment:

• Kisha54
    replied
    Hi Maac003,

I can tell you that I got married in April of 2006 and I went to SS with my marriage certificate and green card with passport and they told me in order to get my name change I have to have it change with Immigration first. And to get it change with immigration to have to file and show proof of marriage and all that other stuff. It's June of 2007 and my last name is not changed as yet because I applied for citizenship and they told me it will be best to change it then and I would not have to pay anything. My interview is in August so hopefully I will finally get it change

Leave a comment:

• MAC003
    replied
    Hi iLw members

I'd like to adopt my spouse last name; do you know the legal procedure of name change in NYC?

Do It Myself:
    Can I do it myself by purchasing an eform(Declaration of Legal Name Change) from www.Nolo.com ?
    And then, go to my identity cards related institutions such as, DMV, the Social Security Administration, USCIS to have my driving license's SScard, Greencard, name changed?

Thanks in advance for your help & advice.

Leave a comment:

• MAC003
    started a topic ADOPTING SPOUSE's LAST NAME

ADOPTING SPOUSE's LAST NAME

Hi iLw members

Do It Myself:

Thanks in advance for your help & advice.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney