Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400

I am currently serving in the US Air Force reserves.My unit filled the N-400 for me, After my interview I was told to bring in my son's birth certificate - I did. Afterwards, I was told that a decision can't be made yet. My base jag called and was told that they could not get any info. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I am currently serving in the US Air Force reserves.My unit filled the N-400 for me, After my interview I was told to bring in my son's birth certificate - I did. Afterwards, I was told that a decision can't be made yet. My base jag called and was told that they could not get any info. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Comment

If you're based in the US, get an infopass appt and ask what's happened with it. If you're not here I'm not sure how you would be able to find out.

Either way, they have to make a decision within 120 days from date of the interview.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

THANKS. I WILL TRY THAT!
        CAN A MILITARY MEMBER BE DENIED CITIZENSHIP?
        UNDER HONORABLE DISCHARGE!

Comment

if they dont make a decision then what should I do?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elebedi:
            THANKS. I WILL TRY THAT!
            CAN A MILITARY MEMBER BE DENIED CITIZENSHIP?
            UNDER HONORABLE DISCHARGE! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, anybody could be denied Citizenship but they'd have to have a good reason as to why they would deny it. I doubt an honorable discharge would do it. A dishonorable however might well.

If no decision is made after 120 days then you have the option of filing a Writ of Mandamus in Federal Court which would compel the US Government to act.
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Elebedi, how long has it been since the interview and when you gave in the Birth Certificate?

If only recent, it can be common for them to just be verifying some information that you gave them which might have not been on the form at the time you applied. It could be that they need to check records that they didn't have or know before, it could be many things, and a lot of time it turns out all ok.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

its been two months. And recently I recieved a letter for another interview dated for Oct 9th when I got there I waited and wiated and later was told that the letter was generated out of error.

Comment

Elebedi.. I don't know where you are stationed at but do you know how often they do the Oath ceremonies where you are?
                  There also could be a possible delay because they may only do it every few months or something if not many people go through it. Or do they do somewhere special for military?

2 Months is quite some time not to hear anything since the last correspondance, I would go and make an infopass appt if you can to see if there is anything that maybe pending that they didn't send you and waiting for.
                  As you said they already made a mistake by sending you another appt, maybe they were meant to send you out a different letter?

There also could be a possibility that it takes longer if you are stationed abroad, as for some spouses of Military it can for them.

Let us know how you get on.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                  1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

I will surely make an Info pass appointment to see what is going on. Thanks!

Comment

I have my infopass appiontment tommorrow! How can a congressman or senator impact a case like mine with USCIS?

Comment

I went for my INFOPASS APPIONTMENT AND WAS TOLD THAT A DECISION WILL BE MADE IN DECEMBER. I HOPE THEY CAN MAKE A DECISION WITHOUT WAITING THAT LONG. BUT I GUESE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation