Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical condition while in removal proceedings, please help

My situation is without doubt one of the most complicated and unfortunate, so please do not attack with any hurtful and useless comments.I entered US legally as a J-1( 2 year rule did not apply)in 1996, and my husband a year later as a J-2. Due to the political turmoil and other compelling reasons we both sought asylum and were denied, so from then on we appealed with the BIA & 6th Circuit.We were legally working and paying taxes like everybody else. 20 thousand dollars later we hired another attorney who assured us that our previous attorney failed to represent important documents among other crucial mistakes. So we filed a Motion to reopen and reconsider our removal proceedings which was quickly denied last year because it was past 30 days, (which we were told it was OK as long as there was sufficent reason and changing country conditions, country of origin Albania).We have continued to work even though our EAD have expired. In the meantime my husband is wating for a Labor Certification that was filed on June 2004, and is now pending at the Philadelphia Backog Center.I was diagnosed with a medical condition that requires frequent monitoring, (blood work etc) and consistent medication, which is the reason why l have to continue to work , my health insurance. I have talked to deportation attorneys who suggest we file for withholding of removal proceedings based on my medical condition, but we can't afford any more attorneys. I am afraid that we we'll be deported after 10 years of living here, and the new immigration reform will not affect us because we are deportable. PLEASE HELP

My situation is without doubt one of the most complicated and unfortunate, so please do not attack with any hurtful and useless comments.I entered US legally as a J-1( 2 year rule did not apply)in 1996, and my husband a year later as a J-2. Due to the political turmoil and other compelling reasons we both sought asylum and were denied, so from then on we appealed with the BIA & 6th Circuit.We were legally working and paying taxes like everybody else. 20 thousand dollars later we hired another attorney who assured us that our previous attorney failed to represent important documents among other crucial mistakes. So we filed a Motion to reopen and reconsider our removal proceedings which was quickly denied last year because it was past 30 days, (which we were told it was OK as long as there was sufficent reason and changing country conditions, country of origin Albania).We have continued to work even though our EAD have expired. In the meantime my husband is wating for a Labor Certification that was filed on June 2004, and is now pending at the Philadelphia Backog Center.I was diagnosed with a medical condition that requires frequent monitoring, (blood work etc) and consistent medication, which is the reason why l have to continue to work , my health insurance. I have talked to deportation attorneys who suggest we file for withholding of removal proceedings based on my medical condition, but we can't afford any more attorneys. I am afraid that we we'll be deported after 10 years of living here, and the new immigration reform will not affect us because we are deportable. PLEASE HELP

Comment

I don't think that having a hangnail is a medical condition that warrants withholding of deportation.

Comment

Someone 12, l appreciate you taking the trouble to answer my question, but due to the nature of my medical condition and the number of people who participate in this forum , l don't feel comfortable enough to explain it in detail, but l assure you it's more serious that you think and can get worse if not controlled and monitored. To make a long story short l've been taking medication for 4 years in a row and can't just pack and leave to where l came from 10 years ago. Beleive me l have done my research and unfortunately this is a rare condition and l wouldn't even find the same medical care or treatment. I have never been a burden to anybody or not paid a hospital bill. I guess you questioned my credibility and jumped into a quick conclusion, but l don't take your comment into my heart and let it bother me. I hope somebody reads my topic and gives me some useful advice.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation