Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derived Citizenship and N-600.

I am USC. My child have derived U.S Citizenship through me. She is under 18 y.o. I got US Passport for her.
    What are the benefits of filing N-600 on her behalf and obtaining Cetificate of Citizenship?
    When or where she might need it?
    Thanks for help.

I am USC. My child have derived U.S Citizenship through me. She is under 18 y.o. I got US Passport for her.
    What are the benefits of filing N-600 on her behalf and obtaining Cetificate of Citizenship?
    When or where she might need it?
    Thanks for help.

Comment

You have a naturalization certificate to proof your citizenship of United States.
      It is in the best interest of a child to have a certificate of citizenship.
      She might need any time, during her life time.
      Certificate of Citizenship, and Consular Report of Birth Abroad, are Permanent Record of the event to show how the applicant had claimed the United States Citizenship.
      This will help her in School, College, and Government Employments.

My child was born in foreign Country, and I reported her birth at the Consular Section of the US Embassy in 1976. she needed for her employment with the US Govt. Job she wrote to DOS paid some fee and got her birth certificate after 18 years. I will strongly suggest to have one for your daughter. Though she was born abroad this document is the proof of her citizenship.
      I know most of the Naturalized Citizen had applied for their children you never know when and where it might need, better to have one.

Comment

Thank you very much. I will apply for it. You never know when it might be handy.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation