X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizenship Question

Hello,

I have been given my Initial Interview Date for US Citizenship by the USCIS. I would like to know what happens at the Initial Interview and what are the remainign steps after this Interview is over. Also, how long would it take for me to get the US Citizenship after the Initial interview?
    thanks

Hello,

I have been given my Initial Interview Date for US Citizenship by the USCIS. I would like to know what happens at the Initial Interview and what are the remainign steps after this Interview is over. Also, how long would it take for me to get the US Citizenship after the Initial interview?
    thanks

Comment

Hi!

Well your further along than me. I just received my Fingerprint appt. date.

At the intervew as long as you aren't excused ( I think you have to be over the age of 50 something to waive the test) you will be asked some questions about your application to double check information as well as see that you can carry a conversation in english.

You will sometimes be asked to write a simple sentence in english and you will also be asked questions from the civics test. It depends on which officer you get as to what kind of questions they ask you. Some ask more simple questions.

Anyway, after you pass this they will give you a paper sometimes that says you have passed and congratulations and then you wait for the oath ceremony notice. As long as the background is complete by the FBI the next available oath ceremony you will be scheduled for. Some areas perform them the same day (very few) and some perform them twice a year and others quarterly. The oath could take up to 3 or 4 more months or more.

You are not a US Cit until the oath ceremony. Hope this helps and good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation