Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card wait time?!?

My grandafther in the U.S will soon be sponosoring my mom who is 36 and unmarried. Coming from Canada would this process take long? How long do you suppose after she can file for my siblings and I?...Could my grandfather put are names on the petition forms as well? I'am turning 18 this year and was wondering if they did it before my 18th birthday would I not have 2 be sponsored seperately or could my grandfather put my name on the petition still if it was done after my birthday?

In regards to this question asked above would it be possible for me to get a work permit in the states if my grandfather has started the process of filing for us already?The thing is my mom has bussiness to take care of here in Canada before she leaves is it possible for my brother and I to move before her if are names are on the petition forms and get authorization/work permits to live and work in the U.S? If so who should I go to about this?

My grandafther in the U.S will soon be sponosoring my mom who is 36 and unmarried. Coming from Canada would this process take long? How long do you suppose after she can file for my siblings and I?...Could my grandfather put are names on the petition forms as well? I'am turning 18 this year and was wondering if they did it before my 18th birthday would I not have 2 be sponsored seperately or could my grandfather put my name on the petition still if it was done after my birthday?

In regards to this question asked above would it be possible for me to get a work permit in the states if my grandfather has started the process of filing for us already?The thing is my mom has bussiness to take care of here in Canada before she leaves is it possible for my brother and I to move before her if are names are on the petition forms and get authorization/work permits to live and work in the U.S? If so who should I go to about this?

Comment

Is you grandfather a US citizen or not? If he is a citizen the process for your mother to come in the US will take about 8 years. If he is a green card holder 10 years. By the time your mother becomes a permenent resident you will be over 21 so she will have to file for you again and if the wait remains the same you will be able to join her 10 years after she becomes permenet resident. So your total wait will be about 20 years. Nether you nor your mother will be able to come and work in the US while you are waiting. Once your mother gets the green card she alone will be able to come to US but you wont be able to join her untill your visa number comes up.

For more info:
      http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3009.html
      http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/fa...ion/index.html

Comment

my family jus got a green card after waiting over 10 years, we're from the uk. unfortunately im over 21 and so i cant move across with them.
        If i file for an application separately, then il face a long wait.
        Are there any other ways for me to move across? i have a masters degree and am currently looking to get sponsered on an H1-B visa.
        I've also read about a business visa aswell, which im also considering.
        Wats my best bet?

Comment

Your grandfather may be able to file for you seperately. You are also able to go to school(University) in the US. Go to the USCIS website and look it up or you can phone customer service. If your grandfather is a US citizen and he applies for you BEFORE you turn 18 - You will get your GC almost right away - no wait. I would check that ASAP - if he files after you are 18 - you are out of luck. He can file the I-130 and the I- 485 at the same time.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation