Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProudUSC View Post
    Another example of flawed US immigration laws. Why wouldn't we want these kids to further their education?

Marcelino Benitez said his best academic year was 12th grade. He got all A's and B's, learned to install heating and air-conditioning systems in a vocational training program and won a college scholarship. But unlike many of his classmates, he dreaded graduation. After that ceremony, the Mexican immigrant had a diploma from Virginia but still lacked the other documents he needed to make his way in the United States.
    "I was thinking, 'After high school, I am done. This is the end of me,' " recalled the 2006 graduate of Dominion High School in Sterling. "Without my Social Security card, I thought I was never going to be anybody."
    I feel like a good follow up research project would be to test the students for sheer (self-assessed) confidence. When you’re confident, you participate in class more, tackle daunting tasks with a better attitude, recover from setbacks etc. Maybe that’s the missing factor that explains another chunk of the difference in academic year performance?

@hire essay writer All academic papers her <----

Comment

Sodium Hypochlorite Price

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources