• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Show in Manhattan

This is an art show taking place today and tomorrow in Manhattan

This is an art show taking place today and tomorrow in Manhattan

Comment

Wow, I thought this was a joke, but it is true.

Here is some news about the artist today:

Assassination' of Clinton, Obama artist arrested, vows to reopen installation

A performance artist was hauled off by the law Wednesday when he tried to open an exhibit in Midtown called "The Assassination of Hillary Clinton/The Assassination of Barack Obama."

Yazmany Arboleda insisted his show was about the "character assassination" of the candidates and insisted he was no danger to either Democrat.

"It's my right as an artist to have that sign up," the 27-year-old artist said. "There's no blood, there's no guns, there's no reference to violence. My work is about words and how the media has torn them apart."

He was not charged with a crime and released at 11:30 a.m. by police after two hours of questioning.

Arboleda, who was born in Boston and raised in Colombia, said he has hired a lawyer and is determined to open his exhibit on Thursday.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly, however, called the words "totally inappropriate" and added, "This is all under investigation."

With Clinton in town and Obama en route to the city a day after he clinched the Democratic Party's presidential nomination, Arboleda was putting the finishing touches on his provocative exhibition when cops and Secret Service agents swooped down on the storefront at 9:30 a.m.

While Arboleda was taken to a nearby precinct for questioning "about his motivation," cops taped brown paper of the the inflammatory title he had neatly stenciled on the windows of the West 40th St. storefront, Kelly said.

Source
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Some years ago another Artist was questioned by Secret Service for making a caricature of the President.
        Freedom of Speech and Expression covers a lot, but there are fine lines which, if crossed, will make some agencies step into.

That Artist must be lacking in creativity and knowledge of existing law.
        Hehe, what a fool!
        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
          [QUOTE]

EXCUSE ME but I do not make jokes ! I am a very serious person and all by information is always 100 % true and accurate !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sprint_girl; there's a nice big fat juicy black one there for you !!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
            [QUOTE]Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
            [QUOTE]

EXCUSE ME but I do not make jokes ! I am a very serious person and all by information is always 100 % true and accurate !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sprint_girl; there's a nice big fat juicy black one there for you !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I did see that Michael and thank you lol.
            Unlike you babe, I rather have the real thing, than just the imagination from mags or in this case on walls
            I hear you were first in line and darted straight to that slide 6!
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Wouldn't you just wish the Secret Service would pay a visit to another NYC resident who regularly posts on this board. And I don't mean it's SoM
              "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

And why is this old thread being b.umped?

Comment

Demoncrats made movies of assasinating Bush and Demoncrats applauded the attempt on Reagan and no one was arrested. It seems that this artist has a great civil rights lawsuit against Kelly.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation