No announcement yet.

U.S. to Venezuela

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • U.S. to Venezuela

    Soon I am moving from the United States to Venezuela, but I have no idea what the best way to do it would be. The visas listed on various sites do not really seem to apply to my particular situation. I plan on staying for about a year, so a transit visa won't quite work for me.

    Can anyone offer me any advise on how to go about obtaining a visa or some other form of legal document that would allow me to stay for about a year?

  • #2
    I myself plan to move to Honduras. I am about to write a letter to Porfirio Lobo Sosa and tell him how in love i am with Honduras and how much i want to move there. Hopefully it will work.

    If you want to go to Venezuela you should write to Hugo Chaves. Tell him how much you like him and his country and that you wish to honor him with your request to be granted a permanent visa. Try and see if it works.

    "...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit


    • #3
      check with your neighborhood Kommissar, he'll be glad to talk with you dirty, rotten, commie pinko.


      • #4
        Why do I get the feeling you don't care much for Venezuela? haha I will talk to them Monday.


        • #5
          I found this which may be helpful:

          How Long Are Venezuela Visas Valid

          The tourist visa is granted for one (1) year, with multiple entries. For each entry the tourist may stay in the country for a period of up to ninety (90) days. The visa may be extended for an additional and equivalent period of time by the appropriate Venezuelan authorities (Ministry of the Interior and Justice). That means you can go to and from Venezuela as many times as you want for one year from the date the visa is issued, provided that none of your trips last more than 90 days. Business visas can often allow for 180 days stays! (Still one year validity).


          • #6
            Thank you for that info, Proud. Although, I would like to stay there for the entire period than make trips back and forth.

            I think it's a tie between a business and a student visa. So I'm either going to have to get a job set up there before I can get my visa, or enroll in an educational program.

            Student visas vary in length from what I have read, so I wonder how I would get a student visa for longer than 6 months, would I have to be enrolled in school for the amount of time I ask for?

            For example, if I enrolled in a 6-week language course learning Spanish. Would I only be allowed the six weeks on the visa?


            • #7
              actually moron, you can get plenty of free advice right here, especially from that smelly, marxist, commie, pinko liberal chink RN, provided she's not roasting dogs


              Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

              Home Page

              Immigration Daily


              Processing times

              Immigration forms

              Discussion board



              Twitter feed

              Immigrant Nation


              CLE Workshops

              Immigration books

              Advertise on ILW



              About ILW.COM

              Connect to us



              Immigration Daily