X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CountDown for My interview Began....

Hi Friends,
    Well the countdown has begun for my AOS interview which will be held on May 12th here in Chicago and I have some questions. We have almost 95% of the documents ready just needed a few answers for some questions we have.
    1) Do we need immigration Pictures for the interview? I had submitted 3 pictures with my application in 2002 do I still need pictures? 2) Do we need letters from our close friends? or should I say how important is it?
    3) I was finger-printed on Jan 16th 2004 for the FBI do you guys think my background checks are back yet? Hope I get my GC stamp on May 12th.
    Thank you so much for your response friends I really appreciate it. God bless us all.

Raju

Hi Friends,
    Well the countdown has begun for my AOS interview which will be held on May 12th here in Chicago and I have some questions. We have almost 95% of the documents ready just needed a few answers for some questions we have.
    1) Do we need immigration Pictures for the interview? I had submitted 3 pictures with my application in 2002 do I still need pictures? 2) Do we need letters from our close friends? or should I say how important is it?
    3) I was finger-printed on Jan 16th 2004 for the FBI do you guys think my background checks are back yet? Hope I get my GC stamp on May 12th.
    Thank you so much for your response friends I really appreciate it. God bless us all.

Raju

Comment

Dear Raju,
      All I can tell you is to bring all the documents as stated on the interview appointment letter. I am reading my interview appointment letter and there is no mention of pictures. (Bills, lease , joint bank account statement , joint mortgage statement, wedding pictures, any official or professional correspondance mail addressed to the couple)
      As for the time frame for the FBI background checks to come back, from what I heard on this board, it really depends on what the FBI is looking for and how available the information is. There is no specific time frame.
      Good luck and please let us know the outcome of your interview. Mine is June 2nd in NYC!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Kalla,
        Thank you so much for your response. Of course I will post my experience after May12 2004. I really hope my background checks are back from the FBI or it is just more time waiting for the stamp you know what I mean? Anyway Best of Luck with your interview.

Raju

Comment

Goodluck to everyone on your interviews. Mine will be on the 24th of may, i am hoping and praying too that my passport will be stamped for approval. Please post your interview experience. Goodluck and God Bless!

Comment

Raju,

I went for my interview last December. I took everything that was on my letter. I also took lots extra with me in case. I figured it was better to be overprepared then under.
            We did take extra pics just in case. We figured it wouldn't hurt the case if they asked for them.
            We had photo al***s of our wedding, pictures of family visiting and any bills or reciepts with both of our names on them.
            However, we were one of the very lucky couples who did not even open our briefcase for any of those "extras"
            We were asked only for what was on the paperwork from INS. They did not ask us hardly any personal questions. Not even how we met!!
            We were in and out in literally 10-15 minutes with a stamp on my passport.
            Good luck and hope yours goes as easy as ours did!

Comment

Hi grace,
              Thank you so much for your support. Of course I will post my interview experience. I would love to do that. Best of luck with your interview too. Is your interview in Chicago too? when were you fingerprinted? I think it takes 2 months for a FBI Background check oh well may be I am wrong I don't know. Me and my wife are just counting the final hours now. It is on MAY 12th 2004. GOD IS GREAT.
              Raju

Hi Martha,
              Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate that. Well me and my wife are just counting hours now before our interview and by grace of god I hope and pray everything should be fine. So was your interview also in Chicago? when did you get fingerprinted? How long was it from your fingerprint to interview day? I am so sorry for asking all these questions you know I am just nervous, scared, excited, happy all at the same time in these final hours. As far as immigration pictures are concerned we decided that we will take 3 more just in case (it is just 10 bucks) you rightly said it pictures should not delay anything you know. Anyway thank you so much for your help.
              Raju

Comment

Raju,

In my AOS interview they asked for a secondary proof of my birth (I had submitted a birth certificate but it had just had my parents name). Secondary proof includes copy of your secondary school leaving certificate issued from India(I think that would have your name, your fathers name and your date of birth).

Also INS would like to have documentation supporting the true intent of your marriage (tax filing, bills, banks statement, etc) in your file folder. So have a copy of your supporting documents.

Best wishes and I hope you get your passprt stamped.

Comment

Raju! i hope that your ITW went well and that you are celebrating..
                  One advise though, if Michael rings the Bell do not let him in, he might wannna strip you naked, put a plastic bag over your head take a picture and then say that he was ...forced to do it!!!!!!!!!!
                  On a more serious note I hope things went well for you today and that your passport got stamped!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation