•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Based Immigration (F2B)

Hi Everyone,

I am new to these boards.

My Case: I am presently under F2B category. My priority date is Jan 98. However my mother who is the petitioner would be undergoing her naturalization interview in September 2005. On receiving her citizenship, I do know I can transfer my case to F1. In addition I would like
    get married during that period and transfer the case to F3.

Question 1: Is this possible to move my case from F1 to F3?

Question 2: What would be the best time for me to get married and inform the NVC about my marriage?

All replies & suggestions are most welcome.

Best Regards,
    Rahul

Hi Everyone,

I am new to these boards.

My Case: I am presently under F2B category. My priority date is Jan 98. However my mother who is the petitioner would be undergoing her naturalization interview in September 2005. On receiving her citizenship, I do know I can transfer my case to F1. In addition I would like
    get married during that period and transfer the case to F3.

Question 1: Is this possible to move my case from F1 to F3?

Question 2: What would be the best time for me to get married and inform the NVC about my marriage?

All replies & suggestions are most welcome.

Best Regards,
    Rahul

Comment

The best bet for you will be let your mother become a USC, then change to F-1 and see how long it will take to get the visa to get into the US.
      Once you received your Green Card then get married
      then your wife will have to wait untill you become a citizen to upgrade her petition to come to USA.
      Where are you located?

Comment

Dastur,
        your suggestion is not the best way to process his/her case. Rahulee should wait his/her mother to become USC, then gets married right away after that. Send her mother's USC certificate to the NVC to upgrade the case from F2B to F3. Since both the F1 and the F3 are current, Rahulee does not need to stay single to meet F1 category. F3 category allows Rahulee to bring his/her spouse as a derivative. If Rahulee receives the green card under F1, his/her spouse would have to wait a long time (4-5 years) to get here. Beware that Philipines is an exception. In addition, the marriage should only take place after his/her monther's naturalization.
        Good Luck.

Comment

Once he/she get married the visa class will be chaged to F-3, that is correct. He did not mentioned that he is from philipines well if F-1/F-3 is current then both do not have to wait, Yes marriage should only take place after his/her mother becomes USC.
          Thanks for correcting.

Comment

Hello people,

Thank you so much for your inputs. Familybased you are absoluletly right. I did read this somewhere on the net.

Nevertheless I appreciate everyones inputs.

Cheers,
            Rahul

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs