Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 visa help

I hope somebody could give me some positive advise. I entered US with a F-2 visa and got admitted by a decent US university after two years hard work in improving English language. Now, the key issue is to change my F-2 status to F-1. I submitted the documents as the advisor at the university told me in March. Today, I received a letter/form 797 from USCIS. I was asked to provide additional financial support for my second year study, and evidence that ties to my homecountry and a residense abroad. Also, it said the information on SEVIS I-20 that I submitted did not match information submitted by school in the electronic system.
    Can anybody help me succeed this petition once for all? I really do not want to end up with nothing after two years of hard work.

I hope somebody could give me some positive advise. I entered US with a F-2 visa and got admitted by a decent US university after two years hard work in improving English language. Now, the key issue is to change my F-2 status to F-1. I submitted the documents as the advisor at the university told me in March. Today, I received a letter/form 797 from USCIS. I was asked to provide additional financial support for my second year study, and evidence that ties to my homecountry and a residense abroad. Also, it said the information on SEVIS I-20 that I submitted did not match information submitted by school in the electronic system.
    Can anybody help me succeed this petition once for all? I really do not want to end up with nothing after two years of hard work.

Comment

Better take all your documents to your school advisor and ask for help.

Comment

Thank you, Jawad20, I am not sure I can still trust him. He had "reviewed" all my documents and said "very good" before I mail my application to the USCIS. The first mistake he made is he did not include the check I wrote to the USCIS and my letter of application for change of status. Second, he asked for original copy of my wife's I-20. Third, the infomation on SEVIS I-20. and also, he did not give me any advise on the evidence of ties to my home country.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation