Battered spouse / VAWA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klinus - I don't understand why you don't have proof enough to regain custody of your son? Have the pediatrician notify Child Protective Services - they have every right to do this when they believe abuse is taking place! Your wife is abusing your son by forcing him to live under these conditions. Do you have a good lawyer?

Comment

• Originally posted by ProudUSC:
      Klinus - I don't understand why you don't have proof enough to regain custody of your son? Have the pediatrician notify Child Protective Services - they have every right to do this when they believe abuse is taking place! Your wife is abusing your son by forcing him to live under these conditions. Do you have a good lawyer?
      Proud USC:

Thanks for understanding the situation from my son's perspective, which a lot of people on this board seem not concerned about. The reality is that Mom conned the Church into believing her story of child abuse by me, got into a shelter through their sponsorship and thought that she could get full custody. Didn't work out that way, and is now backed into a corner and is hanging on the poor child as her only means of staying here (even though her custody of the child has nothing to do with her waiver). Which btw is why any maternal instincts, if any, are being ignored in spite of the obvious damage being done to him.

Family Courts here are backed up (it takes 4- 6 months to get a long cause motion on the calendar, which is what I would need to get a full custody determination), For me to have gone form )% (immediately after her snatch and grab) to 33% in August to 50% in September was only through short cause motions. The first decision was made by the judge solely on unambiguous clarity that there was no child abuse. The second was based on a one hour, separate conversation that each of us had with the mediator. The long cause motion, coming up next month, is when we will be able to show evidence of the scars all over my son's body, her inability to prove permanent residency and videotapes of her driving my son w/o a driver's license and then full custody will happen.

I called CPS; they referred me back to Family Court. If, however, his doctor decides tomorrow (fourth visit for infestations) that enough is enough and calls CPS, then there will likely be a slightly different reaction, but, again, may not happen before the first week of November, when she will have crossed the four month mark and will likely be tossed out of the shelter and be homeless at which stage full custody reverts to me.

For all those bleeding hearts out there, her abuse of my son has me feeling the same way about her as towards an injured king cobra. Being deported is to be too kind; San Quentin sounds more fitting punishment for what she has done to him

I think that my attorney is pretty good; he certainly came highly recommended by the local men's rights groups, a lot of whom have been reduced to Disney dads by the same court.

In response to your statement about my having enough proof that I should have total custody of my son? Yes, but I need enough court time for my attorney to lay it out in front of the judge, which won't happen until early November. In the meantime, all I can do it damage control and pray.

Comment

• Klinus - you have my prayers too, okay? I'm pulling for you and your son and hope this all works out for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProudUSC:
          Klinus - you have my prayers too, okay? I'm pulling for you and your son and hope this all works out for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by klinus:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
            Klinus,
            1) Provide the link of said article about the religious organization.

2) They are aware that you are the other parent, but you are not viable in their opinion of what is the best interest of the child. It is not enough if the child has clothes, shelter, and food at the table, but what is your intent when you have the child. And if you are going to poison the child against the mother, then you are no better nor worse than the mother. Thus, maybe the child is better off in foster care until the two of you resolve your differences.
            As I mentioned earlier, you supercilious little b*****d, I am too busy cleaning up the mess the damage that she causes when she has him - my avatar is the most recent set of bites that he got living in that little hell hole that he is.

It has now gotten to the point where his doctor keeps an 830 slot EVERY friday open so that they can treat him for the most recent pestlience that he has been afflicted with.

For all those of you fervent supporters of shelters, how come you are not living there?
            3) there are always options for anyone. But she will not be permanent resident of the shelter. Let me give you an example. When I was in college, I stayed in the same dorm room during my entire time at college. So, is my permanent residence is college or my home address where the school grades, tuition bills, and foom and board fees went to?
            </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            I asked you to post an article to prove your statement. You failed to do so. The conclusion is that you do not have the proof and are stretching the facts to fit you own personal beliefs. Its not that difficult if you have the proof. It is as simple as picking up the phone and calling someonw. But you don't have the proff, do you?

The reason why the doctor keeps the slot is because you keep going there at that time. Yes, the doctor will not turn away a patient, but it does not prove anything, yet. As Proud pionted out, the doctor has an obligation, under state law, that if neglect is going on, they are to contact CPS and the AG, BTW, I blew up the photo. Although I did see some chigger bites, the question is how these bites are transmitted. Again, solely blaming the wife with a lack of evidence appears to be more vindictive, than justified. If the shelter is the cause, then the shelter's director should be held responsible first. And unless you can prove that the wife is not bathing the child, not taking care of the child, not protecting the child within a reasonable allowance, etc, then you can be assured the child will stay with you.

Finally, not all shelters are bad. And again, the shelter's resources, mission, services, etc dictate what the shelter can and cannot provide to those who are battered. The counselors there are professionals, care about the clients, and the situation everyone is involved in. But they do work within the law. The job is a thankless one. For the woman who believes she was battered, they receive the grief of not putting the other person away. And for others involved, the counselors get the grief because of what you keep saying. So, the question is who is right and who is wrong? Are both right? Or are both wrong? Think about that.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmin:
              What Max has posted here proves itself that VAWA is being abused by people mainly for immigration purpose. I personally know at least 105 cases and they were all fraud cases. That's why this law should be repelled. Unfortunately barking over here won't do anything. I believe everyone should write repeatedly to their Congresspersons to repeal this law if they are concerned citizen and want to stop the misuse of this law.
              \
              I disagree. The law definitely needs reform, but not repealed To repeal the law is to place too much control on USC who will abuse the system. There has to be a balance. But what you need to understand if someone wants to abuse the system, no law will prevent that from ever happening.

As for Mr. Roberts, his political beliefs is that women should not have the right to vote, no right to work, only stay at home and take care of the children, and deem women as second class citizens at best. Yes, there are people who abuse the system, but not everybody.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

• Originally posted by Hudson I disagree. The law definitely needs reform, but not repealed To repeal the law is to place too much control on USC who will abuse the system. There has to be a balance. But what you need to understand if someone wants to abuse the system, no law will prevent that from ever happening.
                I agree totally with that. I bet though we disagree on the details of what the reform should be.

Right now the power is totally in the hands of those who want to self petition. They have access to the USCIS, advocates to help them draw up their self petitions and a VAWA staff in Saint Albans VT that bends over backwards to grant the petitions and do it in record time. What does the USC have? "Access" through a two inch reenforced plate glass window to an USCIS employee who says to the stunned emotionally distraught USC victim, "Next time buy American" (actually quote) and then sends the withdrawel of support and all supporting documents into the wastepaper basket. Yes, there needs to be allot of reform.

Comment

• I reread this thread in its entirety today - to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Klinus has stated that there was no finding of child abuse. Innocent until proven guilty - that is the basis of our judicial system, right?
                  Of course, we haven't heard his wife's side of the story, but I don't understand all of the posters here who are making accusatory remarks toward him. Clearly, he is very worried about his son. She is the one who took their baby to a shelter (without evidence of abuse). I can't for the life of me figure out why their child is still living at this shelter, even if it is on a part time basis - and why the courts are allowing it. The welfare of this child should come first!!!!!

Comment

• Proud usc.

yes that is the basis of the judicial system. but that is not the reality and you should be thankful for thAT IN SOME CASES. Suppose the a child was being beaten and abused..mentally abused.. but there was no physical evidence or witnesse to support. innocent until proven guilty the perpetrater is.. but that child will be taken out of the home for childs protection, just in case it is true until court case is heard.

Unfortunately this little boy is suffering these chigger attacks. This is the price of going to a shelter, no matter how clean.. this is common. imagine how many differnet types of people have shared that mattress.

America seems obsessed with the idea of when something goes wrong. go to a shelter to seek refuge. or when something domestic happens the police suggest to these women to go to a shelter.???????? Who in their right thinking mind would tell a good friend or relative to go to a shelter ???? Do they not have a bed or room for that person themselves or know somebody? usa has just conditioned the populus that mentality to "go to a shelter if you dont have anywhere else to go" The key words here are ... "if you dont have anywhere else to go" I really dont think she had any where else to go and klinus has never said anything otherwise on this.

But what it seems is that he is good at exploiting the child to us here on the forum with pictures of the liitle boy which he took off.. but now this is over the top showing naked/nude photos of chigger bites trying to invoke sympathy to the situation. It is sad to see how far he will stoop to try to manipulate opnion in his direction Frankly I am more appalled that he would put once more this childs photo here for self serving purposes trying to invoke outrage.

<span class="ev_code_RED">If he is so outraged, then be a man and make sure your family is in adequate housing until the court decides. but then he would not have any ammunition to use against her... Sadly It is very transparant to the r</span>est of us.

are you not asking yourself why did she have to go to a shelter?

are you not asking yourself why did klinus not make an arrangement of room rented with a freind or some adequate housing somewhere for them? if this concern/outrage was so strong, why not make a situatuion livable for the child and the mother of his child. that would be the more civil/humanatarian effort.. wouldnt it. not " oh look at what shes doing to MY SON that.. thats terrible.. etc. lip service instead of actively finding a solution thats not self serving to himself.

What do you mean why the courts are allowing it?

the mother is at a shelter. it is not viewed as unacceptable housing to them. it is temporary.

Comment

• are you not asking yourself why did klinus not make an arrangement of room rented with a freind or some adequate housing somewhere for them? if this concern/outrage was so strong, why not make a situatuion livable for the child and the mother of his child. that would be the more civil/humanatarian effort.. wouldnt it. not " oh look at what shes doing to MY SON that.. thats terrible.. etc. lip service instead of actively finding a solution thats not self serving to himself.

What do you mean why the courts are allowing it?

the mother is at a shelter. it is not viewed as unacceptable housing to them. it is temporary.
                      4now - you make some very good points. I guess we need to ask Klinus why he hasn't tried to make other living arrangements for them. I assumed that she fled to the shelter to bolster her case regarding child abuse - that she's not going to budge, even if he did find some alternate living arrangements. But we haven't heard her side - and maybe not all of his either. But, what I am trying to say is men can be victims too. (and I'm not a man!)

As far as the court system and her temporary status at the shelter? She's been there 4 or so months, right? That doesn't sound very temporary to me. I can't see how a court system would allow this child to continue living under these circumstances.

I just can't place all the blame on Klinus - that's all.

Comment

• I just got back from his pediatrician. Unclear what bit him (a skin scrape has been sent to the lab) but the bites are not clear, present and immediate danger and so CPS will not get involved but he is contacting the Court and DHS to get him out of the shelter.

The nice part of the shelter system is the total anonymity; from the abuser (real or alleged) and all other agencies (such as the BCIS) that may need to get in touch with you.
                        You also don't have an address, and so you may miss out on the occasional important document from these agencies that dictate your ability to stay in the Country.

Our handoffs are at the local police station; I am required to stay at the Police Station for 5 minutes until she leaves. These are conditions that she imposed, so obviously there is no communication. This way I don't follow her to the pestilence motel. Not to mention that having her nicely laid plans explode has not quite put her in a communicative mode. Also remember that she truly believes that she thinks that she is a legal resident; BCIS thinks otherwise.

Realistically, it will take a year or so post divorce decree before she gets her permanent residency. Assuming a best case scenario of 2 years for the divorce decree since she is still fighting for full custody. That in effect will require my supporting her for as long as the marriage was – no way. Even after she gets her final green card, there is no way short of winning the Lotto that she can live in my neighborhood or close enough to get my son to school. (There are a lot of people who commute from Sacramento, 120 miles away, every day, and the Court has restricted my son to living in the immediate 8 contiguous counties). Long and short, there is no way I am going to spend $75K on her. She made her bed.....

I'm not trying to score points with this board; fortunately the bigoted opinions are irrelevant to the future and safety of this innocent boy who has been deemed by the Court system, including psychologists not to have been abused by Dad. The occasional use of his midriff (not a naked picture of him) is for those bleeding hearts who say "scabies is not a big deal, AIDS does not kill, the Holocaust never happened and other such" and do not understand what my son is unnecessarily going through

You're right, Proud USC, that she has been in the shelter a long time; I suspect that that has a lot to do with the local Parish, who ex-parte determined that there was abuse, gave her a $7500 check for her family law attorney fees and sponsored her to the shelter where she is staying. What said Church did not expect to happen was for my wife to get me the a copy of the check (buried in a whole lot of documents shared as part of the discover process) or the backlash from the parishioners when they found about it from the local newspaper, who I gave a copy of the check to when the Church blew me off when I asked them for an explanation....Not to mention the wrath of the Bishop when he found about this loose cannon behavior (especially after he just wrote a $155 Million check for priest pedophilia)

She has truly painted herself into a corner. It is inevitable that my son will not continue to be in a shelter, simply because there is no need for him to be there vs. the family home where he has been all his life and there is a father who has demonstrated ability to care for him. The marriage is over; she needs to worry about King Kong (aka BCIS), but NO! continue to try to screw Dad even though it has now reached the point of diminishing (if not negative returns)

Comment

• Originally posted by davdah:
                          Why is no one asking the reason for her subjecting the child to those living conditions when other options are available? That should beg the question as to what her motives are. Where is her concern for the basic minimum concern of his health? If she was really destitute and wanted what was best for the child why not let the child be with the dad, in his house?

Instead of telling this guy to provide housing to her, why not ask, why isn't she for the child? That is what this is all about it, isn't it?
                          The answer to that is probably easy. Some of these women use the children to punish the father for whatever reason and don't care if the child gets hurt. Yet they act protective like like a she-bear with her cub. There is allot of irrational emotions.

Comment

• He did make the offer for housing which at one point was being utilized. She vandalized it while there and then chose to leave and go to the roach motel instead

Davdah

I missed this post. can you give me link that shows he gave her housing?

Klinus.

you have imagination.. the new avatar you created is imaginative. it rocks. so surely you could put that type of thinking to good use and come up with solution conducive to all involved.

3 to4 months in shelter not big deal, im sure the caseworkers are working on getting a solution to her housing problem. $7500 was mispent in my opinion. it could have paid the rent on flat for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4now:
                              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He did make the offer for housing which at one point was being utilized. She vandalized it while there and then chose to leave and go to the roach motel instead

Davdah

I missed this post. can you give me link that shows he gave her housing?

Klinus.

you have imagination.. the new avatar you created is imaginative. it rocks. so surely you could put that type of thinking to good use and come up with solution conducive to all involved.
                              Wish I had a solution: the easiest one would have to been to agree to joint custody (which we have now, my signing the I-751, our rotating in and out of my house until she secured employment and a place to live
                              Gimme Shelter is appropriate for the situation
                              3 to4 months in shelter not big deal, im sure the caseworkers are working on getting a solution to her housing problem. $7500 was mispent in my opinion. it could have paid the rent on flat for her.
                              4 months is a big deal when there are real battered women out there and until she gets in front an IJ she is illegal. So what is the average time at a shelter? The data says 69 days in California
                              Absolutely on using it for housing; that way the parishoners would not be asking does that mean that "if I was a pregnant teenager your would write me a check for an abortion? Besides which that would have been 4 months of housing vs. 20 hours of attorney time (which is already used up
                              ___________________________________________ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

• Originally posted by max-one:
                                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                                Why is no one asking the reason for her subjecting the child to those living conditions when other options are available? That should beg the question as to what her motives are. Where is her concern for the basic minimum concern of his health? If she was really destitute and wanted what was best for the child why not let the child be with the dad, in his house?

Instead of telling this guy to provide housing to her, why not ask, why isn't she for the child? That is what this is all about it, isn't it?
                                The answer to that is probably easy. Some of these women use the children to punish the father for whatever reason and don't care if the child gets hurt. Yet they act protective like like a she-bear with her cub. There is allot of irrational emotions.
                                9 WORDS WOMEN USE

1. Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4. Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

5. Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

6. That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7. Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome.

8. Whatever: Is a women's way of saying F@!K YOU!

9. Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to #3.

*Send this to the men you know, to warn them about arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology.

*Send this to all the women you know to give them a good laugh, cause they know it's true.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed