Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background chk" after adj of status interview

my wife is US citizen , applied for permanent residency (green card) almost 6 months back , my interview was 2 days back, everything went thru alrite, the immigration officer said at the end of interview , " your case been aproved, but we did not get the background chk from FBI , as soon as we get it we are going to mail you the green card "

is this normal? i checked "case status' on USCIS website, they still have some update from 4 months back ...

plz help.

my wife is US citizen , applied for permanent residency (green card) almost 6 months back , my interview was 2 days back, everything went thru alrite, the immigration officer said at the end of interview , " your case been aproved, but we did not get the background chk from FBI , as soon as we get it we are going to mail you the green card "

is this normal? i checked "case status' on USCIS website, they still have some update from 4 months back ...

plz help.

Comment

That's normal nowadays, just wait for sometime and see. If nothing happens in 30-45 days, check with them via Infopass.

Comment

good to hear that, i googled about the back ground check it scared the hell out of me, thank you "rough neighbour" for your post , is there anyway we can contact FBI to findout about the updates on "background check"

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation