X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS In NYC

Hi all,
    I've been visiting this site for some time now, trying to gather information on my AOS interview. I must say it was very helpful..Here's my experience:
    Sent AOS, EAD - May 17
    RD - May 22
    Fingerprints - June 22
    AOS Interview - today 8/5

I married a USC on 4/30, filed all papers for myself and my daughter. Visited numerous discussion site to gain an insight on what to take and be more prepared for our interview.

Day of interview-we packed up and left house at 6am. Got our train which was delayed, i had 7:45 and my daughter 8:30, Got to 26 Federal Plaza at exactly 7:30. Officer called us at 8:30 - time of my daughter's interview.

After much fasting and praying for the right officer, I got him, all he asked to see were pictures of myself and my husband, and the original of my daughter's birth certificate. We had all original documents plus copies, and he didn't aks for anything. I gather our pictures convinced him that we had a genuine marraige.

The officer told us the FBI checks weren't back as yet, and should be back in another month's time, so he couldn't stamp our passports. He told us that in the meantime he will approve our EAD, so we can start working. He said when he get the results of the prints, he will send us a lette to get our passports stamped.

That was it, we told him thanks and left the office. This probably takes 20 mins. Based on some stories, this officer was very nice, he didn't chit chat with us, but he didn't give us a hard time.

Although he didn't ask us for much, I would still advise those with AOS interviews to go prepared, you never know what they'll ask.

Hi all,
    I've been visiting this site for some time now, trying to gather information on my AOS interview. I must say it was very helpful..Here's my experience:
    Sent AOS, EAD - May 17
    RD - May 22
    Fingerprints - June 22
    AOS Interview - today 8/5

I married a USC on 4/30, filed all papers for myself and my daughter. Visited numerous discussion site to gain an insight on what to take and be more prepared for our interview.

Day of interview-we packed up and left house at 6am. Got our train which was delayed, i had 7:45 and my daughter 8:30, Got to 26 Federal Plaza at exactly 7:30. Officer called us at 8:30 - time of my daughter's interview.

After much fasting and praying for the right officer, I got him, all he asked to see were pictures of myself and my husband, and the original of my daughter's birth certificate. We had all original documents plus copies, and he didn't aks for anything. I gather our pictures convinced him that we had a genuine marraige.

The officer told us the FBI checks weren't back as yet, and should be back in another month's time, so he couldn't stamp our passports. He told us that in the meantime he will approve our EAD, so we can start working. He said when he get the results of the prints, he will send us a lette to get our passports stamped.

That was it, we told him thanks and left the office. This probably takes 20 mins. Based on some stories, this officer was very nice, he didn't chit chat with us, but he didn't give us a hard time.

Although he didn't ask us for much, I would still advise those with AOS interviews to go prepared, you never know what they'll ask.

Comment

Hi Frannod Congratulations for smooth interview.

Thanks for ur update. I was little confused about the dates, if u can pl give the yaer too with the date & month that will make things easy. Two more clarifications. Was ur husband present at the time of interview? Is ur daughter from current or previous marriage & how old is she?

Comment

Congratulations on being picked for fast track! Apparently a few of NYC's app. are being "picked of the stack" for immediate processing, even though the standard wait is about 40 months. Congratulations. I am visualizing that all AOS will someday be this quick and easy.

Comment

Vito:
          All events happenend this year. Yes, my husband was present at the interview, the officer didn't ask him anything at all. My daughter is from a previous relationship, she just turned 18 in july of this year. We got married before she was 18-else we wouldn't be able to do AOS for her.

Katycab..
          Thanks for the congrats..I was a bit surprised when they acknowledge me so fast, i thought something was wrong..anyway, I'm now sitting awaiting my work permit-he did say in about a month's time.

Thanks guys, I couldn't have done it without this forum. It was very helpful.

Comment

Thank u Frannod for the clarifications.

I can just imagine, why the officer was so good to u. Be thankfull to ur beauty. He could not ask more questions because u are realy pretty.
            Thanks again.

Comment

You are probably correct, we all looked so professional, my husband, my daughter and i wear suits, so we did look good...

That should be a good point to all who have interview, appearance counts..and ofcourse, god had it taken care of...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation