Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condition Removal/Divorce/Help!

Me and my husband had been together 4 years, and married about one of the years out of the 4 years living together. We got in a few fights/arguments, and each time i would leave but always go back to him. Well one time we got in a fight and i freaked out and divorced him but deep down inside i really did not Want to ..coz anyways after i started the divorce we let things drag and then the divorce finalized and i moved back in with him again and we reconciled. However now the problem is,

the Ins wants him to do the condition removal off of his green card, and they want an interview of me and him, a 2nd one. I do not want to see him go thru any hardship coz of me trying to revenge him on a silly fight we had by divorcing u know..I am still living with him and we are taking care of eachother and the fights have stopped and everything is fine now! Any suggestions of what i might say/bring/do at the interview on my husbands behalf? Thanks...

Me and my husband had been together 4 years, and married about one of the years out of the 4 years living together. We got in a few fights/arguments, and each time i would leave but always go back to him. Well one time we got in a fight and i freaked out and divorced him but deep down inside i really did not Want to ..coz anyways after i started the divorce we let things drag and then the divorce finalized and i moved back in with him again and we reconciled. However now the problem is,

the Ins wants him to do the condition removal off of his green card, and they want an interview of me and him, a 2nd one. I do not want to see him go thru any hardship coz of me trying to revenge him on a silly fight we had by divorcing u know..I am still living with him and we are taking care of eachother and the fights have stopped and everything is fine now! Any suggestions of what i might say/bring/do at the interview on my husbands behalf? Thanks...

Comment

Editing this, due to my mistake. He'll need to file the I751 waiver, since you are no longer married, noting that the applicant requests that joint-filing be waived, as the couple is currently divorced, but did have a bone fide marriage. But as Sphyrapicus says, your attendance at the interview will help to show bona fide marriage in the first place. Just make sure you take lots of evidence from the time you were together to the meeting.

Comment

the first thing u need to do is remarry right away, beleive INS judge doesn't hear soap opera stories(with all due respect), i've been in front of INS jugge 5 times...remarry now.that way he could ask for cancellation of removal, a jugde will not hear any sobing stories, than again i am not a lawyer..

Comment

If the couple is divorced then the alien spouse should file the I-751 waiver. There's nothing stopping the couple from appearing together even though the waiver for divorce will be submitted. In fact, the adjudicator may have more evidence to show that the marriage was bona fide given the fact that you divorced but the spouse was willing to attend the interview. If you have reconciled but are not married, again that would show how genuine your relationship is. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, Sphyrapicus...I don't know why but I was thinking this was the AOS interview. I even mentioned removal of conditions...so brain is not working today. Sorry, my mistake!

Comment

Ok so make a run for city hall and get remarried already. You love him..he loves you. DO it

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation