Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage based AOS......big problems! mixup, help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Man
    replied
    Isn't it funny how people leave out that little bit of information which is essential in explaining their situation?

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Hey Mikey

Hmmmm....

Did you like have a memory lapse or something, or maybe a psuedo personality took over? They say Ginko Biloba works well for this. In anyway, do you think the following might have had a little something to do with it? You posted this in Sept2004

posted September 17, 2004 06:53 PM
    "I too have become a victim.......I was married for about 7 months, but the **** started almost after we were married.. I found her cheating, and gave her a chance, but recently she violated my Zero Tolerance stance and I threw her out of the house. She had 2 friends call me the next day to say she wanted to talk to me , but I blew them off and explained that it was too late, she blew it. I sent the letters and documentation to USCIS to revoke her petition, call DHS to report marriage fraud ( Iwant an annulment so I dont have this divorce to contend with.) (She was seeing an old BF and I know she was going to burn me for the green card and run) I would like to see her deported obviously, I just wonder if DHS will truly investigate as they said they will. I need to have fraud as a reason so I can get an annulment."

If all is well now and you got over the "ZT" stage and are into the Tolerance Zone "TZ", then you will have to refile all the apps again and pay all the fees again. Your file will now reside most likely in the marriage fraud unit and you should expect to have several big time interviews until completion of the process. Be prepared for denials and spending money on lawyers in appeals if they do.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• lost in us
    replied
    Who withdrew the petition? If you are the one that filed then you are the only one that would have been able to withdraw. The only other thing I can think of is that you missed an appointment and so it was seen as withdrawn or someone reported your marriage to USCIS as a fraudulent one therefore they administravly withdrew the petition. There needs to be more detail for a worthy answer.

Leave a comment:

• MikeyL41
    replied
    I applied for my wife in April 2004 for I130 and I485, I765. I 765 took until 9/14/2004, and then got SSN. Well, Fingerprints were done, and we were just waiting, and then all of a sudden we got a letter from USCIS in December stating that her petition had been withdrawn. Immediately I made calls to the 800# who couldn't help me, and then I made an infopass appt with the local office, who also couldn't help me except to tell me that I should write a letter. It makes me crazy that in this day and age of instant information, USCIS appears to be in the stone age of letter writing and waiting forever. Anyway, As I am on hold for an immigration officer on the 800# as I write this. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this resolved? I get no answers from anyone except to write letters and wait. This is beyond ridiculous and I am in limbo over the whole thing. We also rec'd a letter a few days after the withdrawal notice telling us we had our interview Feb 1st, but the next day a cancellation notice showed up.. I haven't heard anything since.. What to do?

Leave a comment:

• MikeyL41
    started a topic Marriage based AOS......big problems! mixup, help!

Marriage based AOS......big problems! mixup, help!

I applied for my wife in April 2004 for I130 and I485, I765. I 765 took until 9/14/2004, and then got SSN. Well, Fingerprints were done, and we were just waiting, and then all of a sudden we got a letter from USCIS in December stating that her petition had been withdrawn. Immediately I made calls to the 800# who couldn't help me, and then I made an infopass appt with the local office, who also couldn't help me except to tell me that I should write a letter. It makes me crazy that in this day and age of instant information, USCIS appears to be in the stone age of letter writing and waiting forever. Anyway, As I am on hold for an immigration officer on the 800# as I write this. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this resolved? I get no answers from anyone except to write letters and wait. This is beyond ridiculous and I am in limbo over the whole thing. We also rec'd a letter a few days after the withdrawal notice telling us we had our interview Feb 1st, but the next day a cancellation notice showed up.. I haven't heard anything since.. What to do?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney