X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden name on I-485 versus married name on EAD & Social Security #

Hi,

I have a question, when I entered the US with K3 visa (issued with my maiden name) I applied for adjustment of status using my maiden name as well. But for everhing else since I've been living in America I have been using my married name, that is on my EAD, social security card and driver licence.....My concern is that when I'll get my green card it will have only my maiden name, and now at work and all my other documetns I am showing with my married name, I am afraid that might cause problems with my job and I would like to change the name on my I-485 application, so that my green card will have both names on it,( maiden and married), I wrote a letter to the INS providing a marriage certificate asking to change my name on I-485, but I haven't heard anything from them.
    Can somebody tell me something about this?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have a question, when I entered the US with K3 visa (issued with my maiden name) I applied for adjustment of status using my maiden name as well. But for everhing else since I've been living in America I have been using my married name, that is on my EAD, social security card and driver licence.....My concern is that when I'll get my green card it will have only my maiden name, and now at work and all my other documetns I am showing with my married name, I am afraid that might cause problems with my job and I would like to change the name on my I-485 application, so that my green card will have both names on it,( maiden and married), I wrote a letter to the INS providing a marriage certificate asking to change my name on I-485, but I haven't heard anything from them.
    Can somebody tell me something about this?

Thank you!

Comment

P.S. Apparently I have two different A#, the one on my I-485 (maiden name) is different from that one on my EAd (married name). Allthough Ins is aware of these two names, becasue on my application ( for I-485 and I-765) I respectevely indicated the other name as my "other used name".......thanks.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the maiden/married name issue. When you go to your Adjustment of Status interview, just explain the situation. USCIS will be pleased to use your married name on your future green card.

I would also mention that they appear to have issued you with two A numbers...as they definitely should rectify this. Indeed, I suggest that you make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office to discuss this with them. The fact that two different A numbers are being used may cause complications with your case...such as a delayed interview or other mix-ups.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation