Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Secuitry

I have one question, I had work permit for over twenty five years, I worked very hard and paid my taxes and paid social security, never been in any trouble, never committed and violation but my case was not approved and now in appeal. If I get denied again and asked to leave the country and or leave on my own will I be able retrieve the social security I paid which is almost $150,000.00 my share and my employer share so I can star something in another part of the world. I think the American mood that I am not wanted here anymore.

I have one question, I had work permit for over twenty five years, I worked very hard and paid my taxes and paid social security, never been in any trouble, never committed and violation but my case was not approved and now in appeal. If I get denied again and asked to leave the country and or leave on my own will I be able retrieve the social security I paid which is almost $150,000.00 my share and my employer share so I can star something in another part of the world. I think the American mood that I am not wanted here anymore.

Comment

What type of case was it that got denied? Hate to tell you but I don't think you can get any SS money back.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

No, you cannot claim the money and take it out, but you are eligible for the benefits when you reach retirement age and will be paid as any other person who paid in. You have to wait until age 65 like everyone else. Remember your account with Social Security is a myth. It is a welfare ponzi scheme. You have nothing in any account.

Comment

SS is not welfare, despite claims from the far right. It is insurance, just like unemployment is. Pay into it while working and when you retire, take it out.

If the likes of Sharron Angle had their way, it would be privatized and when the next Wall St crash occurs, all your life's savings would be gone, unlike a Government account which is there regardless.
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Labib2:
            I have one question, I had work permit for over twenty five years, I worked very hard and paid my taxes and paid social security, never been in any trouble, never committed and violation but my case was not approved and now in appeal. If I get denied again and asked to leave the country and or leave on my own will I be able retrieve the social security I paid which is almost $150,000.00 my share and my employer share so I can star something in another part of the world. I think the American mood that I am not wanted here anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            If you applied for Social Security Retirment, you may be eligible to recieve benefits if you are a lawfully present in the United States. This link on page 4 of the report provieds a synopsis how non citizens may be eligible to receive Social Security Benefits. Best of luck to you.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Social Security is welfare. Early contributors got much more back than they paid in. Current and future contributors will get back much less than they put in.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Social Security is welfare. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh?

Comment

I know Proudie. He just doesn't get it. I guess the concept is just too difficult for some to understand.

Welcome back Hudson

Comment

"... never been in any trouble, never committed any violations...my case was not approved..." why don't I believe you? are you saying the system doesn't work? come on, tell us the rest of the story. As for the primitive, smelly, towel head 'brit' get out of here dumb.a.s.s.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
                      Social Security is welfare. Early contributors got much more back than they paid in. Current and future contributors will get back much less than they put in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Ignorance is bliss, but not in your case. You could make a case for SSI, but not SSDI or SS retirment. Neither is considered welfare because it is possible to pay taxes TWICE on the benefits your receive.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NO AMNESTY!!!:
                        "... never been in any trouble, never committed any violations...my case was not approved..." why don't I believe you? are you saying the system doesn't work? come on, tell us the rest of the story. As for the primitive, smelly, towel head 'brit' get out of here dumb.a.s.s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        I have a friend who has degenerative back disorder, Minier's, and a stroke. My friend is also 100% military disabled due to his back condition and minier's, yet SS has denied him for 12 years. Now it is in the hands of Federal court and the decision should come by the end of this year. And there are dozens of cases like this. So, it is possible that the system just does not work unlike the movies that you so often quote.

Comment

if the alien had work authorization at any time he will be eligible to get SSN benifit, unless he got deported. he will nbot be eligible for benifits if he never had work authorization, he got deported not because he commit a crime but he was present in this country without status.
                          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed