Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Possession of Class D, Citizenship Application

Hello, my question is in regards to applying for citizenship. I've been a PR/green card holder for about 20 years and would like to become a citizen finally. I understand that one of the requirements is for good moral character and I am worried that I don't meet all the requirements but wanted some peace of mind (or to know what action to take).

I was arrested in 2009 and was charged with possesion of class D (marijuana) and OUI drug. The drug charges were dropped and I walked away with two traffic violations. I was issued a ticket for posession of class D less than an ounce last Saturday. I do have full intention of paying the fine, but then I am pleading guilty to the civil offense (MA law). I'm hiring an immigrant attorney to deal with my arrest at the application, but should I be concerned with the ticket as well? Even if I pay it I still do not have a criminal record in the state of MA (or any other).

Also, how much of this should I disclose on the N400/USCIS Interview? Your responses are much appreciated, thanks.

Hello, my question is in regards to applying for citizenship. I've been a PR/green card holder for about 20 years and would like to become a citizen finally. I understand that one of the requirements is for good moral character and I am worried that I don't meet all the requirements but wanted some peace of mind (or to know what action to take).

I was arrested in 2009 and was charged with possesion of class D (marijuana) and OUI drug. The drug charges were dropped and I walked away with two traffic violations. I was issued a ticket for posession of class D less than an ounce last Saturday. I do have full intention of paying the fine, but then I am pleading guilty to the civil offense (MA law). I'm hiring an immigrant attorney to deal with my arrest at the application, but should I be concerned with the ticket as well? Even if I pay it I still do not have a criminal record in the state of MA (or any other).

Also, how much of this should I disclose on the N400/USCIS Interview? Your responses are much appreciated, thanks.

Comment

Drug users or abusers cannot be naturalized.

Comment

If you fail to disclose it, you could be charged with fraud, your citizenship stripped and you could be deported.

Unfortunately for you, they don't just look at what you did get, but what you could get. Anything involving drugs does not bode well for you. That attorney better be a good one.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

who needs druggies in this country??? With any luck, this pothead will be deported....

Comment

"Also, how much of this should I disclose on the N400/USCIS Interview?" EVERYTHING you dirtbag. "Your responses are much appreciated, thanks." You are welcome.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation