Washington, D.C. 20529
    HQ 70/21.1.1-P
    To: Regional Directors
    Service Center Directors
    District Directors
    Acting Associate Director, Domestic Operations
    Date: January 11, 2006
    Re: Extension of Validity of Medical Certifications on Form I-693
    This memorandum temporarily extends the validity of civil surgeon endorsements on Form I-693 for certain
    adjustment of status applicants.
    For adjustment of status applicants, the endorsement of a civil surgeon on Form I-693, Medical Examination
    of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, is generally valid for one year. Some adjustment of status
    applications are concurrently filed with an immigrant visa petition as provided for at 8 CFR 245.2(a)(2).
    These applications are filed with a Form I-693 as required by 8 CFR 245.5. Some of these applications
    remain pending for more than the one-year validity period.
    In a policy memorandum dated December 2, 2004, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) extended
    the validity of the civil surgeon endorsement on Form I-693 until the adjustment of status application could be
    adjudicated. This policy was issued in consultation with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
    (CDC) and is limited to those applications where no Class A or Class B medical condition was certified. The
    policy was in effect until January 1, 2006.
    Due to the continuing backlog of some concurrently filed adjustment of status applications, the validity of the
    civil surgeon's endorsement on Form I-693, when submitted in support of a concurrently filed adjustment of
    status application as provided for at 8 CFR 245.2(a)(2), is extended until the time of adjudication if no Class
    A or Class B medical condition is certified by the civil surgeon. This policy is in effect until January 1, 2007.
    Questions regarding the above policy should be directed via DHS electronic mail to Jeffrey Robins, HQ
    Office of Program and Regulation Development (OPRD).

20 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20529
    HQ 70/21.1.1-P
    To: Regional Directors
    Service Center Directors
    District Directors
    Acting Associate Director, Domestic Operations
    Date: January 11, 2006
    Re: Extension of Validity of Medical Certifications on Form I-693
    This memorandum temporarily extends the validity of civil surgeon endorsements on Form I-693 for certain
    adjustment of status applicants.
    For adjustment of status applicants, the endorsement of a civil surgeon on Form I-693, Medical Examination
    of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, is generally valid for one year. Some adjustment of status
    applications are concurrently filed with an immigrant visa petition as provided for at 8 CFR 245.2(a)(2).
    These applications are filed with a Form I-693 as required by 8 CFR 245.5. Some of these applications
    remain pending for more than the one-year validity period.
    In a policy memorandum dated December 2, 2004, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) extended
    the validity of the civil surgeon endorsement on Form I-693 until the adjustment of status application could be
    adjudicated. This policy was issued in consultation with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
    (CDC) and is limited to those applications where no Class A or Class B medical condition was certified. The
    policy was in effect until January 1, 2006.
    Due to the continuing backlog of some concurrently filed adjustment of status applications, the validity of the
    civil surgeon's endorsement on Form I-693, when submitted in support of a concurrently filed adjustment of
    status application as provided for at 8 CFR 245.2(a)(2), is extended until the time of adjudication if no Class
    A or Class B medical condition is certified by the civil surgeon. This policy is in effect until January 1, 2007.
    Questions regarding the above policy should be directed via DHS electronic mail to Jeffrey Robins, HQ
    Office of Program and Regulation Development (OPRD).

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation