X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
    How does it work with the I-130. I am still working and I do not want to loose my job. I am working on a cruise ship and I am in the US only for 2 to 2 1/2 months during my vacation.
    Once I started my application is there a chance to go back and forward or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Austria is a Visa Waiver Country. You can come and go as you please on only your passport. Just don't overstay 3 months. When you leave the country you can come back with a new I-94 and the counting starts anew.

Leave a comment:

• FM2003
    replied
    How does it work with the I-130. I am still working and I do not want to loose my job. I am working on a cruise ship and I am in the US only for 2 to 2 1/2 months during my vacation.
    Once I started my application is there a chance to go back and forward or not?

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    Do not attach the original I-94 with your package, only a photo copy, the same with all original documents.

They will take the original I-94 at your interview.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
    we were talking to an immigration lawyer and she said that it is the best to come in with my B2 and get married and apply then. i did what she said .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> bad bad advice

What happens if I submitted my forms and papers and my visa expires in the meantime? Does that matter or not?
    As soon as I get my working permit I can work. Do I also get my social security number with it, or do I have to apply for that too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> After your submit I-130+I-485 and all other documents, your stay in USA is authorised as long as "AOS is pending". Doesn't matter that your I-94 expires.

You have to apply for SS number.

Have you sent the papers to USCIS? I hope you read about 30 / 60 / 90 days rule and timed it accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• speed_025
    replied
    In addition...

collect all the pictures you have since the time your dating up to the present.Letters,
    gifts etc. you will need this on the interview.

When you get your ss# open a joint bank account
    and update the utility bills, leases under both your names. You will have enough time to do all this before the interview.

You will be fine , as long as your marriage is real and bonafide.

Goodluck!

Leave a comment:

• speed_025
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">work here.
    my question is once i send of my papers and my visa expires am i illegal in the country or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think this will be a problem.You will
    attched you 1-94 with your application, thats a requirement. Since you're marrying a USC won't be a problem at all.

Leave a comment:

• speed_025
    replied
    Hi there FM 2003,

I suggest you read every instruction on the forms your filing too.The requirements are
    indicated on each forms.Although you will file all this at once they won't get approve at the same time.

You have to follow USCIS instructions.
    They will send you an update of your case by mail or you can also check it online.A missing documents or you missed an appointment will cause your application a DENIAL.

Your question for how long?

You will get your Fingerprint notice within a month after filing.

Usually takes 11 weeks to get your EAD ( 1-765)
    Employment Authorization Card. Once you get this
    Go to SS Administration and apply for your ss#
    then you also can apply for a drivers license
    and you are authorized to work in the US when you recived EAD.

The 1-485 ( adjustment of status) will usually
    takes 6 months for the schedule of interview)
    If you get approve usually it's one to two months ( depends on your case)to get your conditional green card on the mail.

I will suggest strongly not to travel till you get your conditional GC because sometimes USCIS
    will ask for additional evidence or sometimes
    they schedule a second interview.

Also... you have to check your sponsor income if it's below poverty line.. you both will need
    a relative or family member to cosponsor you.

Leave a comment:

• FM2003
    replied
    i know my wife since 4 years. we worked together on a cruise ship. on my vacation i always came to the US. we always wanted to get married. We planed it for a half a year.
    we were talking to an immigration lawyer and she said that it is the best to come in with my B2 and get married and apply then. i did what she said and i apply myself. we are expecting a baby too.
    i have no intention to leave the country at all. i want to stay, work here.
    my question is once i send of my papers and my visa expires am i illegal in the country or not?

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    i entered on november 30 with a b2 tourist/visitor visa and we got married on dec 18. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you know your spouse before this? Did you commit visa fraud perhaps? This I would think is a more pressing question to ask here. you may be looking at a denial from uscis.

If your visa expires, you should not leave the country, not even with advanced parole. there is no guarantee that you will be admitted back into the usa. So yes it does matter.

Leave a comment:

• FM2003
    replied
    Hi,

Stupid questions. What happens if I submitted my forms and papers and my visa expires in the meantime? Does that matter or not?
    As soon as I get my working permit I can work. Do I also get my social security number with it, or do I have to apply for that too?

Thx.

Leave a comment:

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    Thank you Aneri, that is a really nice compliment, and the same goes for you too

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    Sorry aneri, I didn't see your response when I was posting lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sprint_girl, you are an angel here and always welcome to elaborate (or correct) on my posts as I don't have much time to write... It happens that people post at the same time...

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    i entered on november 30 with a b2 tourist/visitor visa and we got married on dec 18. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Now, the question would be what was your intention when you entered the USA?
    It may or may not be asked during the process you are about to begin. But it would be smart to at least read about "misrepresentation" at the POE and the consequences.

Leave a comment:

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    Sorry aneri, I didn't see your response when I was posting lol

Leave a comment:

• FM2003
    replied
    i entered on november 30 with a b2 tourist/visitor visa and we got married on dec 18.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation