immigration forms and documents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">work here.
    my question is once i send of my papers and my visa expires am i illegal in the country or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think this will be a problem.You will
    attched you 1-94 with your application, thats a requirement. Since you're marrying a USC won't be a problem at all.

Comment

In addition...

collect all the pictures you have since the time your dating up to the present.Letters,
      gifts etc. you will need this on the interview.

When you get your ss# open a joint bank account
      and update the utility bills, leases under both your names. You will have enough time to do all this before the interview.

You will be fine , as long as your marriage is real and bonafide.

Goodluck!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
        we were talking to an immigration lawyer and she said that it is the best to come in with my B2 and get married and apply then. i did what she said .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> bad bad advice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
        What happens if I submitted my forms and papers and my visa expires in the meantime? Does that matter or not?
        As soon as I get my working permit I can work. Do I also get my social security number with it, or do I have to apply for that too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> After your submit I-130+I-485 and all other documents, your stay in USA is authorised as long as "AOS is pending". Doesn't matter that your I-94 expires.

You have to apply for SS number.

Have you sent the papers to USCIS? I hope you read about 30 / 60 / 90 days rule and timed it accordingly.

Comment

Do not attach the original I-94 with your package, only a photo copy, the same with all original documents.

They will take the original I-94 at your interview.

Comment

How does it work with the I-130. I am still working and I do not want to loose my job. I am working on a cruise ship and I am in the US only for 2 to 2 1/2 months during my vacation.
            Once I started my application is there a chance to go back and forward or not?

Comment

How does it work with the I-130. I am still working and I do not want to loose my job. I am working on a cruise ship and I am in the US only for 2 to 2 1/2 months during my vacation.
              Once I started my application is there a chance to go back and forward or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Austria is a Visa Waiver Country. You can come and go as you please on only your passport. Just don't overstay 3 months. When you leave the country you can come back with a new I-94 and the counting starts anew.
              “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation