•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    FM2003,

If you go to this link, click on your State or type in your zip code, it will give you all the doctors who are approve to do your medical.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&O...ator.office_type=CIV

I would suggest pick 2 or 3 and give them a call.
    They will each tell you how much it will cost.

Doctors charge different prices from city to city, so this is best way to get accurate costs.

My suggestion to you would be if you need a vaccination or something like that, call the nearest Health Center and find out how much they charge, sometimes its free. The doctors that USCIS give us, can often charge more then anywhere else, so if you can cut costs down, the better. But you have to have the examination only at approved doctors from USCIS listed.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
    hi, does anyone know how much the medical is? i know that they say it only cost between 100$ and 200$. but i guess that it is much more. i have to pay for the tests and blood work and so on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The best thing is to get the list of approved doctors and call and ask. The price may vary and depends on what needs to be done extra (if you have immunization records or not).

FM2003, may I ask how many days after you entered the USA you got married?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Lee:
    I think once AP is issued, it's good for two years, but I don't know how many re-entries one is permitted. I hope we can get more than one... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It is valid for a year (at leat that's how it was last time I checked) and you may get it for multiple entry (if you chose that option on the form). If AP expires before getting GC, you can apply for a new one.

Leave a comment:

• FM2003
    replied
    hi,

does anyone know how much the medical is? i know that they say it only cost between 100$ and 200$. but i guess that it is much more. i have to pay for the tests and blood work and so on.

thx.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Lee
    replied
    I am in a similar situation. My Chinese wife and I (USC) need to go back to China in May. We're filing her I-131 tomorrow. We don't know our travel dates exactly, but they will obviously be AFTER her AP is approved, not before. So we just wrote down May 10th. The processing time is around 90 days now, so we should have it back in time. I think once AP is issued, it's good for two years, but I don't know how many re-entries one is permitted. I hope we can get more than one, as I'm sure we'll want to vacation in Europe before her GC is issued.

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    Hi FM2003,

It is good that you haven't overstayed, but get your forms in ASAP, as for the I-131 perhaps someone else here can give you more advise, but fill it in, anyway, Like I said with the I-131, it still isn't a guarantee that you will gain entry back into the USA, as you are not going thru the normal process for K1 or K3 visa,

Hopefully someone else will pop in and give you some better advise on this matter.

Leave a comment:

• FM2003
    replied
    hi,

i did not overstay my visa. i am here with my B2 visa which is valid till end of May.

Leave a comment:

• Caribbeanman
    replied
    I think you just write one check for all.

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    Can anyone else help out this guy with question 2 and question 4.

Question 2 - he is asking about the I-131, but he has not said, if he overstayed his visa.

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
    Hi,

i have some more questions.

1)I-485: my wife has a son out of a previous relationship. do i have to list him too even if i am not his dad?

<span class="ev_code_RED">I listed my son from my previous marriage, and then ticked the box "NO" where is says "applying with you" if he is applying then you tick it "yes"</span>

2) I-131: if i do not know when i am leaving the USA, do i leave part 2 - part 6 empty?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Cannot help you with this question as I did not file I-131</span>

3) G-325A: My wife moved a couple of times in the last 3 years. do i list the last addresses too on my form when i staid with her during my vacation?

<span class="ev_code_RED">You list every address you resided at for the past 5 years</span>

4) when i write the checks, can i write one for all the fees or is it better if i write a check for every single form?

<span class="ev_code_RED">I beleive you write one check now for $1010.00, but maybe another member can tell you for sure, as I sent my package in before the price increase.</span>

thx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">hope this helps. Good Luck.</span>

Leave a comment:

• FM2003
    replied
    Hi,

i have some more questions.

1)I-485: my wife has a son out of a previous relationship. do i have to list him too even if i am not his dad?

2) I-131: if i do not know when i am leaving the USA, do i leave part 2 - part 6 empty?

3) G-325A: My wife moved a couple of times in the last 3 years. do i list the last addresses too on my form when i staid with her during my vacation?

4) when i write the checks, can i write one for all the fees or is it better if i write a check for every single form?

thx.

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    AND DONT FORGET TO MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING!!!!!

AND DON'T SEND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS, ONLY COPIES SHOULD BE SENT.

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    Thx for the reply.
    1) when i send my forms and the required evidence do i need to send photos, e-mail correspondents , bills, letter, tickets stubs... too?
    2) i found a form for vaccinations. do i need to get all these vaccinations too and submit it with my medical?
    3) G-325 form: do i have to fill out all 4 copies? does my wife - USC - have to fill out the form too?
    4) which forms does my wife have to fill out? I-130, G-325, I-864 is that correct?

thx for your help.
    FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">ok, this is what I did, but it is up to you what you send...

When I sent in my forms, I included a contents page and a covering letter, this is how my contents page was..

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

Copy of Birth Certificate - (USC's name)
    Copy of Passport - USC
    Copy of Marriage Certificate
    Copy of Divorce papers - (both USC & Alien)
    Tenancy Agreements in both names
    Car Title in both names
    Affidavits from third parties (I sent in 4)
    1 photo of USC
    1 photo of Alien

I-864 Affidavit of Support

Tax returns including schedules for last 3 years

I-485 Application to Register Perm. Res. or ADj. Status

Copy of Birth Certificate (Aliens name)
    2 Photos of Alien
    I-693 Medical Examination
    Copy of I-94
    Copy of Passport (Alien)

G325A Biographic Info

4 copies for USC (name)
    4 copies for Alien (name)

I-765 Application for Employment Authorisation

Copy of I-94
    2 photos of Alien
    previous Employment Ref. (you dont have to include these)
    -----------------------------------------------------------

As for the I-693 Medical Exam, if you can get a hold of your vaccination card, take it to the exam apptment with you, I had to have the tb test, a tetanus shot, and the MMR shot as I didn't have my records with me, also you may have to have the shot for Varicella (chickenpox) I managed to prove that one.

Yes you both have to send in 4 copies each of the G325A

Yes you wife does the I-130, I-864, and G325A

clip all paper work together that goes with each form, DO NOT USE STAPLES
    put each photo in a small clear plastic bag and clip it to relevant form

then send the whole lot up to Chicago, then you just wait for your 797C Notice of Action.

hope this helps you out, if you need any more help ask away!

</span>

Leave a comment:

• FM2003
    replied
    Thx for the reply.
    1) when i send my forms and the required evidence do i need to send photos, e-mail correspondents , bills, letter, tickets stubs... too?
    2) i found a form for vaccinations. do i need to get all these vaccinations too and submit it with my medical?
    3) G-325 form: do i have to fill out all 4 copies? does my wife - USC - have to fill out the form too?
    4) which forms does my wife have to fill out? I-130, G-325, I-864 is that correct?

thx for your help.
    FM

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    Hi,

i am sorry if i ask too many questions. but i just want to avoid any delays by missing documents.

1) does it make any difference when i am not married 2 years yet? i guess it just means that shortly before the 2nd anniversary i have to file again to remove the conditional status to a permanent.

<span class="ev_code_RED">It doesn't make a difference how long you have been married, if under 2 years you will receive the condional G/C, if you have been married over 2 years by the time you get your Interview you should receive the 10 year G/C</span>

2) regarding the I-131. that is the document that allows me to leave the country just in case i need to go home. do i have to inform someone when ever i have to leave the country or is it just a form i have to carry with me and present the officer in charge?

<span class="ev_code_RED">The I-131 is a travel document which you will need to carry with you if you leave the country, but this document is not assurance that US Immigration will let you back in, did you overstay your B2 visa, if you did, dont even bother leaving the US till you have your greencard in hand.</span>

3) i tried to figure out if i need to send also a police clearance? i do not have one i have to get one.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Once you have sent your documents to Chicago, you will receive I-797C Notice of Action for the I-130, I-485, I-765, and if you do sent the I-131 for that too, a month or 2 after that you will receive a notice to go for Fingerprinting & Photo that will be in the form of I-797C ASC Appointment Notice, so there is no need for you to obtain police clearance from your own country, USCIS will do this via the FBI</span>

4) i have to send my documents to Chicago and then my local office in Las Vegas will work on my inquiry? or how does it work exactly?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Once Chicago has received and dealt with them, they will be sent on to your local office</span>

5) USCIS will tell me when i have to do the medical and the fingerprints?

<span class="ev_code_RED">I had my medical done before I sent the package, so I could include it with my other documents, but it's up to you if you want to wait until you get an RFE from USCIS, and yeas your fingerprinting appointment will come to you via Mail from USCIS </span>

6) i was under the impression that i have to bring the photos, e-mail correspondents , bills, letter, tickets stubs to the interview.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Take to the interview as much evidence as you can</span>

thx again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• FM2003
    replied
    Hi,

i am sorry if i ask too many questions. but i just want to avoid any delays by missing documents.
    1) does it make any difference when i am not married 2 years yet? i guess it just means that shortly before the 2nd anniversary i have to file again to remove the conditional status to a permanent.
    2) regarding the I-131. that is the document that allows me to leave the country just in case i need to go home. do i have to inform someone when ever i have to leave the country or is it just a form i have to carry with me and present the officer in charge?
    3) i tried to figure out if i need to send also a police clearance? i do not have one i have to get one.
    4) i have to send my documents to Chicago and then my local office in Las Vegas will work on my inquiry? or how does it work exactly?
    5) USCIS will tell me when i have to do the medical and the fingerprints?
    6) i was under the impression that i have to bring the photos, e-mail correspondents , bills, letter, tickets stubs to the interview.
    thx again.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed