Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,

i did not overstay my visa. i am here with my B2 visa which is valid till end of May.

Comment

Hi FM2003,

It is good that you haven't overstayed, but get your forms in ASAP, as for the I-131 perhaps someone else here can give you more advise, but fill it in, anyway, Like I said with the I-131, it still isn't a guarantee that you will gain entry back into the USA, as you are not going thru the normal process for K1 or K3 visa,

Hopefully someone else will pop in and give you some better advise on this matter.

Comment

I am in a similar situation. My Chinese wife and I (USC) need to go back to China in May. We're filing her I-131 tomorrow. We don't know our travel dates exactly, but they will obviously be AFTER her AP is approved, not before. So we just wrote down May 10th. The processing time is around 90 days now, so we should have it back in time. I think once AP is issued, it's good for two years, but I don't know how many re-entries one is permitted. I hope we can get more than one, as I'm sure we'll want to vacation in Europe before her GC is issued.

Comment

hi,

does anyone know how much the medical is? i know that they say it only cost between 100$ and 200$. but i guess that it is much more. i have to pay for the tests and blood work and so on.

thx.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
            hi, does anyone know how much the medical is? i know that they say it only cost between 100$ and 200$. but i guess that it is much more. i have to pay for the tests and blood work and so on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The best thing is to get the list of approved doctors and call and ask. The price may vary and depends on what needs to be done extra (if you have immunization records or not).

FM2003, may I ask how many days after you entered the USA you got married?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Lee:
            I think once AP is issued, it's good for two years, but I don't know how many re-entries one is permitted. I hope we can get more than one... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It is valid for a year (at leat that's how it was last time I checked) and you may get it for multiple entry (if you chose that option on the form). If AP expires before getting GC, you can apply for a new one.

Comment

FM2003,

If you go to this link, click on your State or type in your zip code, it will give you all the doctors who are approve to do your medical.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&O...ator.office_type=CIV

I would suggest pick 2 or 3 and give them a call.
              They will each tell you how much it will cost.

Doctors charge different prices from city to city, so this is best way to get accurate costs.

My suggestion to you would be if you need a vaccination or something like that, call the nearest Health Center and find out how much they charge, sometimes its free. The doctors that USCIS give us, can often charge more then anywhere else, so if you can cut costs down, the better. But you have to have the examination only at approved doctors from USCIS listed.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

i entered on november 30 with a b2 tourist/visitor visa and we got married on dec 18.

Comment

Sorry aneri, I didn't see your response when I was posting lol
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
                    i entered on november 30 with a b2 tourist/visitor visa and we got married on dec 18. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    Now, the question would be what was your intention when you entered the USA?
                    It may or may not be asked during the process you are about to begin. But it would be smart to at least read about "misrepresentation" at the POE and the consequences.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
                      Sorry aneri, I didn't see your response when I was posting lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Sprint_girl, you are an angel here and always welcome to elaborate (or correct) on my posts as I don't have much time to write... It happens that people post at the same time...

Comment

Thank you Aneri, that is a really nice compliment, and the same goes for you too

Comment

Hi,

Stupid questions. What happens if I submitted my forms and papers and my visa expires in the meantime? Does that matter or not?
                          As soon as I get my working permit I can work. Do I also get my social security number with it, or do I have to apply for that too?

Thx.

Comment

i entered on november 30 with a b2 tourist/visitor visa and we got married on dec 18. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you know your spouse before this? Did you commit visa fraud perhaps? This I would think is a more pressing question to ask here. you may be looking at a denial from uscis.

If your visa expires, you should not leave the country, not even with advanced parole. there is no guarantee that you will be admitted back into the usa. So yes it does matter.

Comment

i know my wife since 4 years. we worked together on a cruise ship. on my vacation i always came to the US. we always wanted to get married. We planed it for a half a year.
                              we were talking to an immigration lawyer and she said that it is the best to come in with my B2 and get married and apply then. i did what she said and i apply myself. we are expecting a baby too.
                              i have no intention to leave the country at all. i want to stay, work here.
                              my question is once i send of my papers and my visa expires am i illegal in the country or not?

Comment

Hi there FM 2003,

I suggest you read every instruction on the forms your filing too.The requirements are
                                indicated on each forms.Although you will file all this at once they won't get approve at the same time.

You have to follow USCIS instructions.
                                They will send you an update of your case by mail or you can also check it online.A missing documents or you missed an appointment will cause your application a DENIAL.

Your question for how long?

You will get your Fingerprint notice within a month after filing.

Usually takes 11 weeks to get your EAD ( 1-765)
                                Employment Authorization Card. Once you get this
                                Go to SS Administration and apply for your ss#
                                then you also can apply for a drivers license
                                and you are authorized to work in the US when you recived EAD.

The 1-485 ( adjustment of status) will usually
                                takes 6 months for the schedule of interview)
                                If you get approve usually it's one to two months ( depends on your case)to get your conditional green card on the mail.

I will suggest strongly not to travel till you get your conditional GC because sometimes USCIS
                                will ask for additional evidence or sometimes
                                they schedule a second interview.

Also... you have to check your sponsor income if it's below poverty line.. you both will need
                                a relative or family member to cosponsor you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation