X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo
    replied
    Boston stopped scheduling interviews at the time of filing. Now, the applicants have to hear from USCIC for an interview by mail, and the EAD has changed to the 91st day rule (must wait 90 days to get EAD). Also, when filing for AOS, there is a drop-box at the Boston Office - where all I485s get forwarded to National Benefits Center (this might be for Family-Based AOS only).

A lot has changed in 2004, and more changes expected in the coming months throughout all District Offices (INFOPASS, new enhanced EADs, possible new AP's incorporated with the new EADs, plus more changes we just don't know yet).

Figers-crossed!

Leave a comment:

• ctcarr821
    replied
    Hi Mo,
    My husband (We married in Nov 2003) applied for AOS (from a tourist visa-he is from Peru) at the Boston office. He got his EAD the same day. (Dec 8, 2003). We were also given our interview date that same day and had our interview on May 19, 2004. He was approved and we received his green card in the mail in June. All in all, our experience at the Boston office was a good one.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Anyone applied/applying to the Boston office?

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Remember, the 12 months period discussed above is for that particular district (Minneapolis, MN) only. Other Local District Offices could take lot longer or less time. But the overall picture is that - the backlog reduction plan is in effect, so there is some light at the end of the tunnel for those who have been waiting in all areas, and even better for those who are applying currently.

Leave a comment:

• marmaduk
    replied
    Good news is always welcomed, and I'll give credits when its due. Hopefully USCIS can continue improving their processing times in all cases.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Source: The Oh Law Firm

The record will reflect that the Minneapolis-St. Paul district office was selected as the first district office in the nation that required indirect filing of all the family-based I-130/I-485 one-step applications. It was probably in August 2003. The applicants were required to file at the local district office in Minneapolis-St. Paul but the district office immediately packed the filing and forwarded it to the newly opened National Benefits Center in Missouri through the lock box in Chicago. This indirect filing expanded to other districts and areas step by step and people in majority of jurisdictions by now go through this process, excluding the Pilot program cases in Dallas District office jurisdiction. The experience of these cases in the Minneapolis-St. Paul jurisdiction may throw some light on the trend of scheduling of interviews at the local district office. Our record reflects that the cases which we filed under the indirect filing from August through Sectember 2003 started receiving interview schedules dated in September 2004. Accordingly, the whole family-based green card application process for an individual case is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months. Not bad at all under the given circumstances, we must admit!

Leave a comment:

• Family-Based I-485 Interview Scheduling of National Benefits Center

Source: The Oh Law Firm

The record will reflect that the Minneapolis-St. Paul district office was selected as the first district office in the nation that required indirect filing of all the family-based I-130/I-485 one-step applications. It was probably in August 2003. The applicants were required to file at the local district office in Minneapolis-St. Paul but the district office immediately packed the filing and forwarded it to the newly opened National Benefits Center in Missouri through the lock box in Chicago. This indirect filing expanded to other districts and areas step by step and people in majority of jurisdictions by now go through this process, excluding the Pilot program cases in Dallas District office jurisdiction. The experience of these cases in the Minneapolis-St. Paul jurisdiction may throw some light on the trend of scheduling of interviews at the local district office. Our record reflects that the cases which we filed under the indirect filing from August through Sectember 2003 started receiving interview schedules dated in September 2004. Accordingly, the whole family-based green card application process for an individual case is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months. Not bad at all under the given circumstances, we must admit!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney