Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 & background check

My I-485 was transfered to the local office (Hartford, CT) from VT, for an interview. I was told initially that once i am ok in the interview, i can have my passport stamped next day.
    Now i am hearing that after an interview, they tell you to go home & wait, while sending your file to homeland security, which can take roughly 6 months 9for security check).

Question is how correct is that info??? Especially the time frame info.
    Thanx
    Yousaf

My I-485 was transfered to the local office (Hartford, CT) from VT, for an interview. I was told initially that once i am ok in the interview, i can have my passport stamped next day.
    Now i am hearing that after an interview, they tell you to go home & wait, while sending your file to homeland security, which can take roughly 6 months 9for security check).

Question is how correct is that info??? Especially the time frame info.
    Thanx
    Yousaf

Comment

Hi Mr. Yousaf:
      It is true clearance from Homeland security is necessary. Time depends on load of work at their particular office handling security check. It used to be more than 6 month earlier but now the time frame has been considerably reduced. Just have patience.
      Good luck.

Comment

I m in the situation in Hartford, CT, the officer said 12 week from interview (july 2) still nothing, Monday I m going to Hartford for checking since I waiting for my 2 EAD...

Comment

Mine is employment based ... applied in VT in 02-03 ...finger prints in 05-03 ... got 140 approved in 02-04 ... and now waiting for interview call from Hartford CT ...

Used the info pass last month to get an idea about whats the time frame of interview call, but they just said to wait.

Would you mind telling about yourself a little bit.
          Thanx

Comment

what do you what to know? my manager gave me a legal leave because I dont have the 2 EAD card and I married a US citizen, we cant do s###. I got the best lawyer in CT since my work is on the line, she gave a Info pass for Monday 18, she was surprise because my wife work for the goverment and the finger print should be faster.

I filed 6/18/03, got my EAD set 3/03 f.Print 9/6/2003, Interview july 4/04 the officer said you have to wait 12 weeks for news becuase they need the F.Print report...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation