Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Senate Judiciary Committee to Debate Immigration Reform on March 2!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senate Judiciary Committee to Debate Immigration Reform on March 2!

http://capwiz.com/aila2/issues/alert...489276&type=TA

On March 2, the Senate Judiciary Committee is scheduled to mark up an immigration reform bill. Enter your zip code in the box, and if your Senator is a member of the Committee, send a letter urging him or her to support a realistic, comprehensive solution that includes a path to permanent legal status for the current undocumented population. We need to let our Senators know that the enforcement-only approach endorsed by the House in December will hurt our communities and compromise our economy but will not fix our broken immigration system.

If your Senators are not members of the Judiciary Committee, you can still send a general letter urging them to support comprehensive immigration reform when the debate reaches the Senate floor. Enter your zip code to take action now!

http://capwiz.com/aila2/issues/alert...489276&type=TA

On March 2, the Senate Judiciary Committee is scheduled to mark up an immigration reform bill. Enter your zip code in the box, and if your Senator is a member of the Committee, send a letter urging him or her to support a realistic, comprehensive solution that includes a path to permanent legal status for the current undocumented population. We need to let our Senators know that the enforcement-only approach endorsed by the House in December will hurt our communities and compromise our economy but will not fix our broken immigration system.

If your Senators are not members of the Judiciary Committee, you can still send a general letter urging them to support comprehensive immigration reform when the debate reaches the Senate floor. Enter your zip code to take action now!

Comment

NYC001: Our immigration system is NOT "broken."

Simply because illegal aliens made the choice to disregard America's sovereignty and rule-of-law does NOT mean that the immigration system is...er, "broken."

I am a permanent resident of the United States, and I can assure you that the immigration system works fine. Illegal aliens would like us to believe that the immigration system is "broken," because they have decided that they are too important to follow the rules and wait their turn...unlike those of us who are legal immigrants.

The only aspects of America's immigration system that are truly broken are:

1. The borders are not effectively enforced (and this includes those who enter without inspection and those who overstay their authorized period of stay).

2. Illegal aliens are not deported, and employer sanctions are not enforced.

3. Immigrants in general, both legal and illegal, seems to believe that they are under no obligation to either assimilate or integrate...and how dare Americans actually expect that they might learn to speak English.

Please define what you mean by the term "our communities." If you mean the American community (the only community that matters), then I will tell you that the majority of Americans are opposed to an amnesty for illegal aliens, and are angry that their country's immigration laws are not enforced.

I would urge all Americans to contact their United States Senators, and tell them that you are opposed to any form of amnesty for those who have shown a complete disrespect for your country's sovereignty and rule-of-law. (a guest-worker program is simply an amnesty with a fancy and misleading name). If you're not an American, then - sorry - they are not your Senators.

NO TO AMNESTY FOR LAW-BREAKING ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Comment

I did not know that you were a permanent resident I thought you were a born American I think what you are doing is trying to belong, who give you the right to say such things about illeal immigrants (not aliens) you were not even born here, do you work do you have a life this forum is about helping people not insulting them, you are on the wrong board, why do you not try the KKK board, i am sure you will fit in fine , and while you are at it take a good look in the mirror

Comment

If the Senate's HSC takes on the issue now they would have ample time for discussion. So in theory, a bill should be on the floor at least by March 27th when the Senate reconvenes. Not bad timing, we can expect to have a final bill, signed into law by the president by the middle or the end of April.... Maybe that's a little wishful thinking, but who knows?

Comment

"I am a permanent resident of the United States"

wow you truly are a piece of ****

Comment

NYC001- THANKS FOR THE INFO

Comment

El Jefe, es el Jefe.

Comment

Perhaps the Senate is starting to realize the actual implications of the House bill. This infamous legislation presents no major amendment to INA, only a couple changes are significant. One relates to a loophole provided to gang members and the other the criminalization of unlawful presence.
                  The latter would be an offense of criminal nature penalized under 18 U.S.C. This is where things get interesting. Most people believe, or want to believe, that it would be simple to arrest, charge and process any illegal with no proper documentation based on this amendment. However, the rules of criminal procedure as described under 18 U.S.C. would prevent this from happening in a quick and easy way.
                  A criminal offense is "committed" when all the elements of the offense are present, completed and executed. But the icing on the cake, United States v. Marion.
                  Turning immigration into criminal law can have very surprising consequences.

Comment

Ren: I realize that you're not very intelligent, and unable to articulately argue your point.

It's disgusting that you play the race card, and truly pathetic. Opposing illegal aliens has nothing to do with either race or ethnicity. Invoking the KKK is sooo old. Personally, I think that it's you who needs to look in the mirror...just try to find one that won't crack :-)

The First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States gives me the right to an opinion. I know that you might not be too familiar with such alien concepts as the rule-of-law...most illegal aliens aren't.

I will continue to use the term illegal alien, as that is the correct term...regardless of your attempts to play politically-correct semantic games. Are you an illegal alien?

Comment

Oh, the Bill of Rights. But the Constitution is an instrument of law to be considered as a whole.

The U.S. Supreme Court, Bouie v. City of Columbia, 378 U.S. 347 (1964) held: "The State Supreme Court, in giving retroactive application to its new construction of the statute, has deprived petitioners of their right to fair warning of a criminal prohibition, and thus has violated the Due Process Clause..."

... And some people still question the unconstitutionality of the retroactive application of newly enacted statutes of criminal nature.

Comment

Ren,

I understand you perfectly well!

Comment

Im surprised that they will start the debate so early and this is great news because the extremist anti-immigrants plans was to delay the process as much as possible and hope that the upcoming elections would cause law-makers to brush immigration under the rug..

Just like a poster suggested, starting the debate on march 2nd, would allow them to get something done and on the floor by march 27th and congress and the senate would have a full month to make compromises and pass the bill so that the president could sign a good immigration bill with a guest worker permit, before the summer.

Comment

I would expect some kind of final bill by the end of April, but not any sooner.

Comment

You are right..ive also read somewhere that the senate wanted to act very fast on the matter.It's a given that a guest worker program will be added by the senate, then it will be push to the house before the end of the month of march.

Then , from that point on, i heard that the RNC, president Bush and other moderate republicans congressmen, will force the extremist to give up their fights.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation