Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LULAC vs. I-485 LifeAct

I was a LULAC applicant and was granted a green card six months ago. Together with myself, my wife and daughter applied under a family unity program which is I-817; however, they have not heard about their interview. I would like to know if someone could tell me if I should apply separately for I-130 for sponsorship, or would they get a green card under I-817 Family Unity Program?

I was a LULAC applicant and was granted a green card six months ago. Together with myself, my wife and daughter applied under a family unity program which is I-817; however, they have not heard about their interview. I would like to know if someone could tell me if I should apply separately for I-130 for sponsorship, or would they get a green card under I-817 Family Unity Program?

Comment

Since you're a LPR, the current backlog for priority date filed for LPR spouses and children is approx 4yrs. They won't be able to stay legally just on the basis of a filed/approved I-130.
      When did you apply for the Life Act?

Comment

DOWN WITH FASCISTS !!!
        THIS ILW.COM FORUM IS ALL FASCIST DOMINATED !!!

FOR ANY IMMIGRATION HELP AND INFO GO TO:

WWW.IMMIGRATION.COM

GOOD LUCK!
        IE

Comment

My wife and daughter applied for the Life Act in 2002. I didn't really get the answer I was looking for with your reply... I'm still a little confused! Since I was the main LULAC applicant and now hold a green card, what should I do? Should I wait for I-817 Family Unity that I already applied for or do I need to do something else?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation