Family Preference 2B - Waiting Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is a similar case to yours... read all the way down (and it is written by a lwayer )
    http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,1005-patel.shtm

Comment

Thanks for the link...

Unfortunately, CSPA was discussed before with my Lawyer. Doesn't apply to me.

Ziad

Comment

Check with your lawyer again or with another lawyer- if your aunt filed for you and the only reason you did not get your green card was because you were over 21- it sounds like you should be able to retain the old priority date. Unfortunately, many attorneys (even the best ones) don't understand CSPA completely because it can be very complicated.

Comment

The original priority date was 1989 in the F4 Preference. It became current in 2001, I was already 23. Thing is that my mom did not process her greencard till 2005, for health reasons. I was 27, by then. Then she applied for me under F2b. I've benn waiting since 15 December 2005.

Ziad

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
            here is a similar case to yours... read all the way down (and it is written by a lwayer )
            http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,1005-patel.shtm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the article. I'm a little bit confused. My aunt, a US Citezen petitioned for my mom, including my father, myself and my brother. This was back in 1989 and I was 11. Date became current January 2001, My birthday is 28 FEB 1978. By the time date became current, I was 22 years 11 months.

Is this the same CSPA rule, or a different one. In 2005 I was not eligible under CSPA. So, my mom petitioned for me in 2005. I did not retain the original priority date. I just recieved a new priority date at 15 DEC 2005.

I just hope I can immigrate faster... either by this law, or by hoping priority date will reach faster. I'm not sure if 2009 CIR would benifit me, if it passes.

Thank you, hope you can help me and give me some good news.

Ziad

Comment

It is something to look into for you. Your mum still needs to watch out for Abandonment issues it is worth noting that if she were accused of Abandonment she would be removed and your petition would be voided. Best of luck my friend though I wouldnt hold out much hope of Obama changing anything with immigration and besides the voices of people like u wanting change on family preference times are deafened by the voices of people wanting amnesty of illegials if that happened processing times would be dramatically slowed like I said dont hold out for Obama

Comment

Based on this, I don't see that you qualify under CSPA (but I am not an expert either)... It is up to you how much time you want to spend investigating the possibility as interpretations have changed over time...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ziad Chreih:
                My aunt, a US Citezen petitioned for my mom, including my father, myself and my brother. This was back in 1989 and I was 11. Date became current January 2001, My birthday is 28 FEB 1978. By the time date became current, I was 22 years 11 months.
                </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ziad Chreih:
                Thing is that my mom did not process her greencard till 2005 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

If I were u Ziad I would have my lawyer file CSPA petition to attempt to reclaim my old priority date. What is the worst that can happen they say no and u keep the priorty date u have now. Nothing ventured nothing gained that's what they say.

Comment

Thank You Englisintern...

Ziad

Comment

I'm so happy with this months Visa Bulletin, F2B seems to be moving better than I ever expected. from 15 NOV 2000 to 01 FEB 2001. Since Last year the Visa Bulletin moved 1.5 years.

Do you think this trend will continue till around 15 DEC 2005? I'm optimistic, but worried about retrogression, or slow date movement. At this rate I see that I can immigrate within 2-3 years, hopefully less.

Any input is much appreciated.

Ziad

Comment

car reverse parking camera with display price in india

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board