Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

Please can someone tell me why for the last 6 months the California Service Center has been stuck on processing i-130 with the date July 19 2001.

I filled in May 2002 and have already been waiting two years to find if my application has been approved or not - and I am in the first preference category - unmarried child over 21 of US citizen.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay. I am 27 and would like to be be in the USA with my family before I am 30 but due to new laws, and lengther time scales that doesn't seem likely. Why is this center taking so long??????

Please can someone tell me why for the last 6 months the California Service Center has been stuck on processing i-130 with the date July 19 2001.

I filled in May 2002 and have already been waiting two years to find if my application has been approved or not - and I am in the first preference category - unmarried child over 21 of US citizen.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay. I am 27 and would like to be be in the USA with my family before I am 30 but due to new laws, and lengther time scales that doesn't seem likely. Why is this center taking so long??????

Comment

Please let me know if anyone else is having to wait 990 days at the California Service Center

Comment

I don't wanna disappoint you but everyone is waiting for getting processed. My friend applied in 2000 (same I-130 as yours) and he is still waiting!! You seem to have a couple of more years to wait unless the USCIS does something differently. I think there are certain number of VISAS to be issued every year and once they reached, everyone has to wait for the next year etc.

Comment

For my understanding, the service center is working on I-130 along with your priority date now. If you filed your case on May, 2002 which would be your priority date, you probably have to wait about 2 years or more to receive an approval because the current F-1 except Mexico and Philippines(USC unmarried son or daughter) priority is on Oct 22, 2000. I hope you are not a citizen of Mexico or Philipines because these two countries' wait times are unbearable (Current priority 01/01/1992 for Mexico and 07/01/1990 for Philippines) Since you are under visa limit category, you do not have to worry about I-130 processing time as along as you receive your approval before your priority date becomes current. You really should focus on State Department Visa Bulletin instead of processing time at this moment. Keep your I-797c(Notice of Action) in a safe place. your receipt date should be your priority date on your future Notice of Action for approval I-797.Good luck.

Comment

Thank you all very much I shall just sit back and wait....I a UK citizen and thought that the waiting wouldn't be as long but I guess we're all in the same predicament

Comment

JohnDoe

You are a very angry individual..you seem to jump to conclusions without even asking questions.

Just to fill in the gaps for you. I was told by an immigration lawyer in the USA before I applied, who assisted me in applying who told me that being a UK citizen it would not take that long. This information was not something I made up off the top of my head.

Therefore if you are not going to offer any helpful advice please do offer any advice or comments which are not needed or wanted, and if you want to be rude maybe you should direct you arudeness at the US immigration lawyer who gave me that advice, rather than someone who asked a simple question.

Comment

just because a lawyer says something it doesn't make it true...as seen time and time on this website people are fed information by lawyers that are not true and they believe it as they do not know any different...as I did not know any different I believed them.

You are an idiot through and through...you have no idea what country I am from I never said I was in the UK, all I said I was a UK citizen..which I am because I was born there. Please enlighten me as how you do not know I am not from a third world country?

Why I am even indulging in a conversation with you is a mystery to me, so as I shall stop as my question was answered above by 2 polite members.

Again Thank You all above for your replies they were very helpful.

Comment

JohnDoe, the truth is that Nikki is right, you are an A-S-S!!!!

Comment

JD is a pretty good guy. I think we just have a misunderstanding about his comments. I can understand why people would not want to be discriminated against (in a USCSIS sense) based upon their country of origin. However,the reality is that some countries are singled out (e.g. Libya, Iraq, etc), especially when it comes to name checks.

I think what the attorney meant to say is that someone with a clean record from a well-respected country might have a smoother time of it than someone from a country with problems (e.g. Nigeria, Afghanistan). This is different than saying a UK citizen will leap frog over someone from Tanzania.

Can we all have a group hug now?

Comment

People from the UK do not ususally need to wait as long because there are less people wainting in line for the 1st preference visas. Each country has the same number allotted to them. However if too many people from a country have been applying for years, the waiting gets very backed up. THe countries that have less applicatants each year have a shorter wait. Further, it is true that people from middle eastern countries have been subjected to increased background checks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation