X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background search

Hi,

I have questions regarding the background search performed by the FBI when one is applying for an I-485. My friend and I went to see an immigration officer today and my friend wanted to know why her green card application had not yet been approved. She had her interview and fingerprints done a year ago and she still hasn't received any word regarding a temporary green card, at the very least. The immigration official told her that it was a problem with the FBI's background search which the ISCIS still hasn't heard back from. The ISCIS apparently sent her info to "several agencies" and has heard nothing. My friend is wondering 1) why kind of info is the FBI looking for on an applicant, 2) is there a way to contact the FBI regarding the status of her background search, 3) can having a large amount of credit card debt be a problem with green card approval and 4) what advice would you give her? If I think of any questions I have forgotten, I'll will post them. In the meantime, please throw out any suggestions/experiences you may have so I can pass them on to her.
    Thanks.

Hi,

I have questions regarding the background search performed by the FBI when one is applying for an I-485. My friend and I went to see an immigration officer today and my friend wanted to know why her green card application had not yet been approved. She had her interview and fingerprints done a year ago and she still hasn't received any word regarding a temporary green card, at the very least. The immigration official told her that it was a problem with the FBI's background search which the ISCIS still hasn't heard back from. The ISCIS apparently sent her info to "several agencies" and has heard nothing. My friend is wondering 1) why kind of info is the FBI looking for on an applicant, 2) is there a way to contact the FBI regarding the status of her background search, 3) can having a large amount of credit card debt be a problem with green card approval and 4) what advice would you give her? If I think of any questions I have forgotten, I'll will post them. In the meantime, please throw out any suggestions/experiences you may have so I can pass them on to her.
    Thanks.

Comment

Hi Inga,

there have been many many posts about background checks here. If you do the search under "find", I am sure you'll find the answers to your questions.

good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed