X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weasel
    replied
    Are you planning to get naturalized soon?

For your younger child, it is going to take around 2-3 more years to get a GC, if you do not become a citizen.
    If you get naturalized before that, (s)he will be eligible for GC right away.

For the other one, it will be about the same period of time IF you get naturalized before that AND (s)he does not get married.
    Otherwise, if (s)he gets married, (s)he can only get a GC, if you naturalize, and it will take about 6-7 years.
    And if you do not naturalize, and (s)he does not get married, it will take about 8-9 years.

They can apply for a tourist visa, of course, but it is very likely, that it will be denied.
    Same story with student visa, although the chance of getting it is a little bit better.

Petitionning for you husband does not change anything - your younger child will get the visa earlier anyway, and the older one will not be eligible to follow your husband

Leave a comment:

• ricktude
    replied
    I am a 62 yr. Perm. Res. I have 17 & 22 yr old children in my home country. What would I need to do to bring them here? I filed a I-130 2 years ago but I haven't heard anything. Can they apply for a visitor's visa or possibly a student visa? I also have a husband there who really has no intention on coming but if it would help the process he would come too. (ie. applying for him & the children following). If you can help in any way, thankyou very much.

Leave a comment:

• ricktude
    started a topic applying for my kids

applying for my kids

I am a 62 yr. Perm. Res. I have 17 & 22 yr old children in my home country. What would I need to do to bring them here? I filed a I-130 2 years ago but I haven't heard anything. Can they apply for a visitor's visa or possibly a student visa? I also have a husband there who really has no intention on coming but if it would help the process he would come too. (ie. applying for him & the children following). If you can help in any way, thankyou very much.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney