X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth
    replied
    Hi everybody,does anybody know if the I-687 is still applicable or was there a deadline on that application. My husband came in '81 when he was thirteen,through one thing and another he still is not in legal status.He has no proof of entering in '81 as he lost his original passport but he has an INS number from his original applications for a work permit.We have never had a deportation notice but wonder if immigration still have his original file. Any info would be of great help!!

Leave a comment:

• tong
    replied
    It 's happen to me too. I lost my sister and mother too, and never gone back to Thailand. However, I had been talked to my mother, until the last minute that she passed away. Nothing left for me, there. I am in the same situation as you. May god heals our heart.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    remind me not to ever eat at your restaurant nor buy anything at your illegal store.....I won't be shedding any tears because you have not gone back to your own country, no matter what the circumstances. All of this is your fault, not the fault of AMerican citizens nor our laws....only your own irresponsible, lying actions has resulted in your supposed inability to return home. PLease leave.

Leave a comment:

• honkycat
    replied
    Dear Little One:

Yes, we did know that we could travel by applying for Advance Parole but our lawyer advised us not to travel abroad while awaiting our I-687 adjudication. This is because if our application was denied while we were in India, we wouldn't be allowed back into the US for another 10 years.

We made an InfoPass appointment and discussed this immigration officer and he told us the same story as our lawyer.

Thank you very much.

Krishna

Leave a comment:

• LittleOne
    replied
    honkycat,
    Did you know that once you file the I687 you can also now apply for advance parole and travel out of the Country? Have you considered using that to visit home while your case is pending?

Leave a comment:

• joohyekorean
    replied
    I don't know why you don;t go India ??

Leave a comment:

• antivirus
    replied
    You we are on the same boat, my family came in 1989 and have been here since. My mom's both parents passed away and she was not able to see them. Our cousins have all gotten married and we werent able to go see them. There is still hope next year that the goverment will make immigration changes. Why didnt u apply for 1986 amesty offered by Pres. Reagan? I guess it doesnt really matter. If you have any relatives who are citizens then have the file for you, just incase things dont work out soon. Good luck. Have you thought about bringing your parents to the US instead?

Leave a comment:

• marmaduk
    replied
    Are you sure you can adjust status since you enter in 1982 (instead of prior to 1/82)?

Also, why on earth only after 23 long years that you finally took the initial step to legalize?? Doesn't make any sense.

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    I agree with you that family is very important, and Thanksgiving is a time that Americans traditionally spend with their extended families.

At an emotional level, I empathize with the fact that you haven't seen your family members for so many years; I do not sympathize with you, however.

I first came to live in America fifteen years ago, and I haven't seen my family for eleven years. My situation is different from yours, though, in that I have the ability to return to the United States after a visit to my family...or they could chose to visit here.

I never complain that I am separated from my family, as it was my decision to immigrate to America. When I made the decision to immigrate, I understood the consequences of doing so. Every day, I am thankful to have the opportunity to live in the United States.

You, too, made the decision to immigrate to America...albeit illegally. Like me, I am sure that you understood the consequences of your decision.

Ultimately, you have the ability to see your family any time that you want to; you could return to your country of origin tomorrow if you made the decision to do so.

You make the decision every day to remain in America. This, like your original decision to overstay your tourist visa, is a decision for which you are responsible.

It is not America's fault or responsibility that you have made the decision not to return to see your parents and other family members.

Leave a comment:

• csunkala
    replied
    I'm really sorry about your losses and the struggle, i know how you feel, unfortunately i've experienced the same.....
    But chin up, and be grateful what you have and live in the present, can't bring back the past look forward the future it'll be better , it will be better. Take care!!

Leave a comment:

• honkycat
    replied
    My wife and I are illegal aliens in the US. We entered the US in 1982 on tourist visas and we've never left. We both stayed and worked illegally. We now have our very own Indian restaurant and Indian grocery store.

We applied for the late amnesty (I-687) last year and we got our interview in August 2005. We still haven't heard anything yet.

My brother passed away a few months ago and I couldn't go back to India to attend his funeral.

My parents are very old now and I haven't seen them for 23 years and counting.

My wife's mother and her brother passed away two years ago and she couldn't go back to their funerals.

It's Thanksgiving 2005 and we're so sad. It's been 23 years now since we lived here. We might never see our parents again.

We hope to hear from CIS soon on the status of our I-687. We hope it will be good news.

We pray everyday for good news.

Sincerely yours,

Krishna

Leave a comment:

• honkycat
    started a topic it's thanksgiving 2005 and we're so sad

it's thanksgiving 2005 and we're so sad

My wife and I are illegal aliens in the US. We entered the US in 1982 on tourist visas and we've never left. We both stayed and worked illegally. We now have our very own Indian restaurant and Indian grocery store.

We applied for the late amnesty (I-687) last year and we got our interview in August 2005. We still haven't heard anything yet.

My brother passed away a few months ago and I couldn't go back to India to attend his funeral.

My parents are very old now and I haven't seen them for 23 years and counting.

My wife's mother and her brother passed away two years ago and she couldn't go back to their funerals.

It's Thanksgiving 2005 and we're so sad. It's been 23 years now since we lived here. We might never see our parents again.

We hope to hear from CIS soon on the status of our I-687. We hope it will be good news.

We pray everyday for good news.

Sincerely yours,

Krishna
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs