Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of support please help. I need answers asap

My hubby had the interview at the embassy and my income tax wasn't enough to support him even though my income this year is more than the poverty level
    My mom is giving us her income tax from last year and her business license but her income tax is not enough because she claim my little sister last year but she is not claiming her this year what can we do? since his next interview is next week in Peru and I'm not able to travel for his next interview and also what other options we have?
    kenia

My hubby had the interview at the embassy and my income tax wasn't enough to support him even though my income this year is more than the poverty level
    My mom is giving us her income tax from last year and her business license but her income tax is not enough because she claim my little sister last year but she is not claiming her this year what can we do? since his next interview is next week in Peru and I'm not able to travel for his next interview and also what other options we have?
    kenia

Comment

Your income is insufficient and your mom's is also insufficient, but what about combined? USCIS will use the combined income(s) of 1 or more people as joint-sponsors. Clarify if the combined income will be above poverty guidelines. If so, you can use both. If not, you will need an additional sponsor to join with the two of you to bring the income over the level that is expected from USCIS.

Comment

You need to re-read the form, its current gross income, not net or historical.

Comment

But my mom lives in another State and my dad too. Is ok to combine even if we don't live together?
          kenia

Comment

His from Lima.
            Since the embassy still has my affidavit, what do I need to do now to combine my moms' income or my dad and mine so that my husband can get the approval next week?
            Also what do I have to show them as my current gross income beside my 2006 income tax?
            kenia

Comment

... don't have time to read instructions all over again, but I am rather sure that the joint sponsor has to meet the poverty guildlines for his/her household +immigrant on his/her own; trying to say that I don't believe "combined" income will work.
              However, mother can use household income (if father agrees).

Comment

ILW:
                "..to satisfy the financial requirements, after counting all household income and assets, he or she may use a joint sponsor. In that case, the petitioning sponsor's income becomes irrelevant. In other words, the petitioning sponsor and the joint sponsor may not pool their income to meet the financial requirement. Nor may they divide up a family that consists of a principal and accompanying, derivative beneficiaries."

USCIS memo:
                "The joint sponsor must demonstrate income or assets that independently meet the requirements to support the sponsored immigrant(s). It is not sufficient for the combination of incomes of the primary sponsor, sponsored immigrant and joint sponsor to meet the threshold."

Comment

yeah... I was talking in case her mother is joint sponsor (not a household member).

Comment

Ok My mom filled her taxes as Head of Household and as a dependent she have my younger sister so that is a house hold size of two with a last year gross income of her business was on the 1040 for 2006 of 28,000 and after the expenses like rent, wages, and others she file her individual 1040 with a gross of $16,982 witch one is consider as her gross since we have 2- 1040 forms
                    Also my income for 2006 was $14,000 and I'm making $13.00 dollars per hour with a income p/m of $2,080 and per year my gross should be $27,040 and I have 2 kids with my husband. And also my dad lives in Alaska can I still use his income. There you have all the details of my case any other question I'm open to answer. Thanks
                    kenia

Comment

I know from my own experience.
                      The sponsor not only needs to make a certain amount of money per year.
                      But also has to show and proof.
                      I remember we had to show paytub,tax return bank statements from every single year for the past 3 years...

And for the records,a sponsor can be ANYONE...they just need to agree to it.

Remember the whole sponsor thing has one and only reason
                      In case u become unemployed or can not find a job or lose you job,you won't use the government to support you,untill you are no longer a conditional greengreencard holder.
                      Its only for a certain amount of time.

And also the person doing the support agree's by law,you'll be financially stable and be supported in need.
                      Otherwise they can get in ;egal trouble,if this would surface ins.

Comment

Ok so all I can do at this point is to fill out one more I-864 with my tax return for 2006 even if I made only $14,000 and attach to all the paper work pay stub and or a letter of employment stating my pay per hour and FedEx all this to my husband in Lima? Am I correct?
                        kenia

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kj:
                          Ok so all I can do at this point is to fill out one more I-864 with my tax return for 2006 even if I made only $14,000 and attach to all the paper work pay stub and or a letter of employment stating my pay per hour and FedEx all this to my husband in Lima? Am I correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can try... just keep in mind that, although there are guidelines for Affidavit, each consulate may have a slightly different ideas what is satisfactory (apart from being well above the poverty line for years). At the end it is a complete picture that they get about you as a sponsor that counts.

Comment

Dear KJ,

The only way to fix your problem is to find a sponsor who can meet the 125% poverty guideline requirement on their own accord.
                            Make sure the co-sponsor has enough income to support EVERYONE on his tax return plus YOU & YOUR HUSBAND.

You should COUNT ALL PEOPLE RIDING UNDER THE SPONSOR for this purpose and compare it to the Poverty line level.

You may want to have a co-sponsor who must be a US Citizen or Green card holder ONLY. A Joint sponsor is a member of your household.
                            The documents required in both cases are the same as yours.
                            1/show last tax return
                            2/W-2 or 1099
                            3/letter of employment with salary, start date and position.
                            4/filing out a BRAND NEW I-864 for the co sponsor

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed