Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver of inadmissibility 212 d 3 !!

Friend of mine has been convicted with mail fraud in 2003, he sentenced to 2 yrs probation and $1000 fine, but no jail time, and never been deported ..

He went back to his home country and apply for a US Tourist visa but got refused because he was honest by telling the consular officer about his conviction, the US embassy refused to waive his inelligibilty though,

so I've been searching through the net and found out about waiver 212 d 3 , but not many information provided..

1)What are the chances of getting this waiver?

2)what are the procedures of applying for waiver 212 d 3 a?

3)Is there a form that need to be filled and mail to specific address in the US?

4) Should he hire an immigration lawyer to go through this waiver in US ?

Please anyone has info. replied ...

Friend of mine has been convicted with mail fraud in 2003, he sentenced to 2 yrs probation and $1000 fine, but no jail time, and never been deported ..

He went back to his home country and apply for a US Tourist visa but got refused because he was honest by telling the consular officer about his conviction, the US embassy refused to waive his inelligibilty though,

so I've been searching through the net and found out about waiver 212 d 3 , but not many information provided..

1)What are the chances of getting this waiver?

2)what are the procedures of applying for waiver 212 d 3 a?

3)Is there a form that need to be filled and mail to specific address in the US?

4) Should he hire an immigration lawyer to go through this waiver in US ?

Please anyone has info. replied ...

Comment

Hi stranger,

Have you seen this:
      http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/55710029231 all the way down....

If your friend is from Canada, procedure for applying for non-immigrant waiver is a litlle bit different and includes a form.

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Have you seen anyone that has been proved for waiver 212 d 3 ?

My friend is not from canada , he is from middle east... so if the embassy refused his visa and didn't recommend his waiver, what would he do?

Comment

He can't ask for the waiver until he qualifies for the tourist visa. Even then, if the embassy does not recommend it, his chances are nil.
          Oh well. We don't need to import criminals to the US anyway.

Comment

No body is perfect,, every one has made the stupid mistake in this life but it doesn't mean this is the end of life, and there should be some respect in this discussion board..

you didn't even answer my questions, if you don't have answers, don't reply with stupid comments.

Comment

Stranger..

couple of hard nuts in your friend's way:

He is from the Middle East, obviously a muslim male. The tension and need to keep a check on muslim man in America makes it very difficult these days to get any type of visa.

Moreover, mail fraud is a federal crime, and burden on the applicant asking for waiver of inadmissibility is extremely high. It is almost impossible to meet this standard, unless you hire a hot shot lawyer specializing in kicking the USCIS in the nuts, to be your friend's representative in dealing with the office of AG. Gonzales is a bigot, so I don't see your friend coming to the US in the next 15 years.

Also, why did he return to his home country? Whoever advised him, kicked him in the sore-nuts, as he should have known he won't come back. What was the nature of this crime? what did he do? Provide specifics, and will see whether I can find a case which is similar and share some rationalization on his waiver application.

Unless he conceive a stellar business plan, find some funding and secure a business visa to be able to come to the US, tourist visa is slim. Alternative, marry an American citizen, but this crime will be on his record, but could be circumvented by marrying Liemaster's sister. He is fishing for a man from Middle East to marry his sister.. However, a minimum of $1million needs to be invested in US, and hire at least 10 people in the business...

So, I know this is going to deflate you, but this is the sad reality. A mistake with mail fraud is not a smalll issue, because when you pick-up people's mail, you are told it is a crime to open it if it doesn't belong to you.

Stranger talk to Liemaster, he is looking for a middle eastern man to marry his sister...

Comment

Prof. is Hitler-Communist, Nazi-Terrorist, schizophrenic-maniac who keeps defecating on MY board !!!

Comment

mail fraud is not a 'mistake' - it requires concerted effort to carry out, much different than stealing a candy bar from a store on impulse.
                  And he is not in jail - he just can't come to the US (thank goodness)...so what? He decided to commit crimes (oh yea, now we will hear how he was duped into carrying out mail fraud or that somebody 'forced'him to commit these crimes against his will, etc,etc ---BEE ESS)-
                  it is just too bad he won't be crossing our borders for the foreseeable future....I know I will miss a lot of sleep worrying about this.
                  I personally hope he never gets a visa nor a waiver...maybe he will learn to be a responsible adult some day (doubtful)...
                  and no, the embassy won't fall for some silly business visa as if we need his kind of 'business' in our country.

Comment

dear stranger - I did give you an answer, doofus...you just didn't like it. Tough.

Comment

Dear prof.

can you i explain my friend situation with privtly ,, do you have email adress ?

thanks

Comment

hiring an immigration attorney will be a complete waste of money because these ethically challenged individuals have no authority over the process of approving visas nor waivers. Of course, many will try to convince you they do, but then, if you waste a pile of cash on these charlatans, that's your problem.
                        I can easily imagine that no embassy offical would want to put his or her name to any approval of anything on this criminal except his deportation order.
                        Once again, why should we import criminal dirtbags?

Comment

Stranger...

Send me an email at: profmilan2006@yahoo.com I am traveling all week, but have access to all my mail from all my gadgets. I will respond promptly...

In the email, include the details fo the case which of course will be kept privated. I will see what ideas we can share...

Ignore Liemaster and Someone12... they are ignorants, childish and horse-manure eating idiots.

Comment

Professor I took the liberty of sending you an emial because I would really like your oppinion and I dont feel like posting something so private on thi site where ignorant people like michael and liemaster can read it...please reply, I really need your advice....

Comment

Thanks Prof..

have a great flight,, and i would be glad to contact you via email without sharing any private stuff in this discussion board..

ofcourse i will ignore them,, some people need to learn how to respect others..

Thanks prof. i really appreciate it,,

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed