Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my I-751 from VT

I'm posting my update in case anyone has been waiting like Daniel, Vivek, et al.
    After two years of waiting (NOA 3-1-02), my resident condition have been removed.
    The notice came in the "Dept of Homeland Security" envelope, but on regular paper, not on letterhead. It bears the stamped signature of Novak, the VT CIS Director, and instructs me to go to the local office for I-551. It says I should not travel abroad before I receive the alien registration card (is this the resident/ green card? it says it could take up to 6 months to receive it), unless i get a passport endorsement.
    I am convinced that the Senator's office helped, as we had inquired several times about my status, without results, yet they sent me the letter less than two week after I contacted the Senator.
    Thank you all for your advice and good luck!

I'm posting my update in case anyone has been waiting like Daniel, Vivek, et al.
    After two years of waiting (NOA 3-1-02), my resident condition have been removed.
    The notice came in the "Dept of Homeland Security" envelope, but on regular paper, not on letterhead. It bears the stamped signature of Novak, the VT CIS Director, and instructs me to go to the local office for I-551. It says I should not travel abroad before I receive the alien registration card (is this the resident/ green card? it says it could take up to 6 months to receive it), unless i get a passport endorsement.
    I am convinced that the Senator's office helped, as we had inquired several times about my status, without results, yet they sent me the letter less than two week after I contacted the Senator.
    Thank you all for your advice and good luck!

Comment

Congrats on your revoval of conditions, I hope we can also get same news like you did.

Comment

if you are still married why is it such a big deal ? Please explain.

Comment

I think it's good to hear about updates, no matter what the case is. Congrats Chri! I think it's strange that it seems to be common that official mail from Homeland Security, etc. is not on letterhead!

Comment

Congratulations! Chris.
            Can you please tell me when you filed your N-400? I might have different understanding from yours since I think because your N-400 interview date is approaching so that Vermont has to process your I-751. My husband and I filed I-751 in early March, 2002 and filed my N-400 in the late May 2003, and I still didn't receive anything about my I-751 yet. I wrote in my last reply that we received the response from Senitor's office informing us of might-be same time processing of I-751 and N-400 in the middle of Feb.

I will keep posting my updates too for people's reference who are in the same situation.

Comment

Hi Chri

Congratulations on approval It would be nice to think that the senators office did the job, but I think it is just coincidence. I think your time was just here. You said it was 2 years and that is what Vermont had been running 24 months almost exactly.

Please share with us your timeline. When did you file the i751 month/year and of course we know your final approval date. Also did you file for the N-400 citizenship yet?

Best wishes in your life here.

Comment

Congrats...

ARQU

Comment

I filed in February 02 (NOA date 3-1-02). VT Center is - by its own reports - processing August 02 cases, so were five months behind.
                  I don't know if the Senator actually helped, but we're definitely not regretting having contacted him. I received the decision less than two weeks after that.

E&J, it looks like our situations are very similar. I sumbitted my N400 in April 2003. As you may know, the Arlington office is way behind on those (1.5-2years), so I had no hope of the N400 speeding the decision on I751 (although that's what the Senate staffer told me - we probably contacted the same office.

Thanks everyone for the nice thoughts and good luck!

Comment

Congratulations Chri...!!!

Comment

Chris, thank you for the updates on your filing dates. For your information, or you might already know that processing time of N-400 with Arlington office is 11/28/2002, which means that people filed on or before 11/28/02 already took the oath except that people who stuck into the situation of name check.

I think you might have contacted the representative office for DC residents, my husband contacted the office representing VA as we live in Nothern VA. Diferent office are handling things differently. Anyhow, congratulations again. I believe you will receive the N-400 interview notice in April.

I saw some posting early on, as some member said that why we worry about this if we still stay in marriage. As for us, my husband and I, our marriage is going very strong. We never made any calls to NCSC before last Nov. as I knew the processing time of I-751 is not due yet. We made two inquires with NCSC after Nov. because we don't know whether as to Vermont lost our file or the interview is alreay set up and somehow we missed it.

The processing time of I-751 around August, 2003 is basically true, I know many peopel who filed in Feb or Mar. 2002 got their approval last Oct. or Nov., however, they didn't file N-400 while I-751 was pending.

I will keep everybody updated.

Comment

E&J:
                        I also live in No. VA, but I usually say DC area since we're "serviced' by the same CIS office.
                        I don't have the same interpretation as you regarding the Arlington dates. They are "processing dates" which can mean anything. I only know two poeople from No. VA with N400 pending who have filed before November 2002; one is waiting for the oath letter, and the other one hasn't even had the interview yet.
                        if you know anyone who would coroborate a real case with the Arlington dates, showing that they are indeed oath dates, I would be extatic.
                        Best of luck!

Comment

Chris, you gave me some hope as we might have contacted the same senator's office, so that I may get my approval of this long journey soon. I guess I can only hope so.

I have a friend who field her N-400 on Sep 12, 2001 with Arlington and took the oath on 9/22/2002. She told me that she should have taken the oath earlier than that, but Arlington resheduled her date as of the situation then that the snapper scared the whole N.Va and DC area, remember? The example I am writing here, you might think it is out-of-date. The most recent filing of N-400 among people I know is 3/2003, but I don't have her updates as she is currently traveling abroad. But I do think the person you mentioned who filed in Nov.2002, however, no interview set up yet indeed should contact Arlington.

Chri, please post the your interview date after receiving the notice. We can all refer to your experience and expect ours. Thanks.

Good luck to all.

Comment

Does contacting BCIS so much about an application not raise any flags about why an applicant cant wait or does it make them process the application.

When these people talk to senators about a pending application, is it the alien who does it or the USC? WHAT REASON DO YOU GIVE ABOUT WHY YOU WANT YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSED FASTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE ON THE WAITING LINE?

Comment

John

When people are asking the help of congressman for immigration matters... it is b/c their petitions approval is outside of the timescope. and they have exhausted their contact with USCIS. If it is outside of the date that USCIS has for processing time. u can call and request to speak to a IO.. not the misinformation center. Only after that should one contact your congressman. Its just etiquete and protocol. IT's about timelines.

Congressman can help in situations where you have requested your file moved and the movement has not taken place in a reasonable time. This is very effective.

I believe you are in Texas Ser Center John, and aren't those timelines running less than a year or so?? Once your 1st NOA expires then you can contact USCIS and start to inquire and ask for IO. If you would contact a congressman .. you or your spouse could as it was a joint petition. In most cases the married couple contact as it is joint petition in question.

E&J stated that some people from march02 got approvals on 751 in oct nov2003. Originally Vermont was running a 19 month adjudication.. then went to 22 months . The longest I have seen has been the 24 months but no more than that. IT seems now that they are moving again and getting back to the 19 month timeframe.

Good luck JD & Congrats to all those approval out there. Keep the timelines coming.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation