Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

Hi, everbody:
    I am applying for my parents to immigrate to the US and now I am in processing of filing I-864 (Affidavit of Support). It requires sponsor provides last 3 years tax returns. In my situation, year 2002, 2003 household incomes met 125% of the poverty line, but 2004 did not. However, this year (2005), I am making enough money to meet the minimal requirement, but I don't have W-2 yet.
    My questions are:
    1. If I provide 3 months most recent pay statements (which is also required by I-864) to show my current income, will that be sufficient enough to qualify I-864. Or, I have to wait until I filed year 2005 tax return. But still, year 2004 tax return is not sufficient, does that matter?
    2. I have asset outside US. Can I use that asset to meet the minimum income requirement?
    Any advice will be appreciated!!

Hi, everbody:
    I am applying for my parents to immigrate to the US and now I am in processing of filing I-864 (Affidavit of Support). It requires sponsor provides last 3 years tax returns. In my situation, year 2002, 2003 household incomes met 125% of the poverty line, but 2004 did not. However, this year (2005), I am making enough money to meet the minimal requirement, but I don't have W-2 yet.
    My questions are:
    1. If I provide 3 months most recent pay statements (which is also required by I-864) to show my current income, will that be sufficient enough to qualify I-864. Or, I have to wait until I filed year 2005 tax return. But still, year 2004 tax return is not sufficient, does that matter?
    2. I have asset outside US. Can I use that asset to meet the minimum income requirement?
    Any advice will be appreciated!!

Comment

In my case, my parent's were trying to sponsor my husband, the affidavit of support was rejected and I was sent a letter asking to find another sponsor before my husband's interview. I believe they were rejected because the AGI was not sufficient, due to many business expenses, although they do meet the asset requirement due to an expensive primary home w/ no mortgage owed. Maybe if you submit the forms early enough they will tell you if it is not sufficient?????

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation