Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background check

Hi, can anyone tell me what are the 4 background checks that ins performs?

Hi, can anyone tell me what are the 4 background checks that ins performs?

Comment

The only reason I'm asking is because I already had my interview and my gc was accepted, they told me they were only waiting for one check to come. Can some one tell me what are the four background checks, thank you!!!!

Comment

USCIS doesn't perform any background check. Its the responsibility of FBI. Its either a name check or fingerprint check that delaying your GC approval.

Comment

Well, this is what I was told on the interview, that my case was approved and I will get the card in the mail with in 2 to 6 weeks they were only waiting on one background check.

Comment

Well, this is what I was told on the interview, that my case was approved and I will get the card in the mail with in 2 to 6 weeks they were only waiting on one background check.
            If you were initially approved in the interview, you should have a stamp on your passport that is generally good for a year. It normally takes between 30-60 days for you to receive the actual green card with the approval date being the interview. The background check should have already been completed when the interview took place. The holdup is either the card lost in the mail or the National Benefits Center is backlogged on processing the cards. I would suggest you wait after the proper processing time for the green card before you make an infopass appointment. Do not call the Customer Servie because you will not hear a bloody thing.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Not necessarily. There're plenty of cases where the district office schedule & conduct the interview before the background check clears the FBI.

Was your passport stamped with the I-551 stamp after the interview?

Comment

My interview was just on Friday 2/10/06, and I did not have a passport stamp because I do not have a passport. The officer said all background checks are clear except one. That brings me back to my original question what are the background checks I know they do a name check but what do they check for, I know they do a criminal background, but what else they check, thank for any info.

Comment

Fea: Don't worry. Quite often, the interview is conducted before all background checks are complete. Your case is provisionally approved at this time.

Once the background check is completed, your case will be approved, and you will be notified.

In recent years, this situation has been occurring quite frequently, because of the large number of background checks being conducted.

Again, don't worry. I know that you're anxious to finalize the process, but it seems to me that you have already cleared the major hurdle - the interview.

P.S. I don't know the specifics of the individual background checks, so can't provide that information.

Comment

thank you for the info SunDevilUSA, and yes you are right I just want it to be over, I have been in the USA for twenty years and finally is almost over. And yes, I been legally in the USA always renewing petitions but never qulified for any visa or to adjust status, my case was very long and complicated.

Comment

There are several background checks both FBI and USCIS conduct. No one knows how long it will take. If the case is struck in 'Name Check' God only can help.

The following link give complete information about the same.

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlib...6-06_Nov05.pdf

Good Luck!

Retro-affected

Comment

Not all offices stamp passports.

Comment

Just to let all of you know I got my Welcome Notice I-797C. I am so happy that every thing was so quick and easy. Pass the background check and I'm officially a Permanent Resident. Just want to share the good news with everybody.

Comment

Congratulations , Eva!

Comment

Hi Fea, if you are still checking messages can you email me. I am going through a similar situtaion and would greatly appreciate any advice. I want to inquire on your time frame. From the interview until you got your card. Please email me at Aprilmore28@aol.com Thanks.
                              Aprilmore28

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed