Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions...

Hi - I've got a couple questions for those that can help me out. My husband will be filing form I-485 (along with other required forms) and I have a couple questions about things they ask for on the form.

On part 1: They ask for his current USCIS status. His visa HAS expired, but we did marry before it expired. What does he put here? It also asks for his I-94# however where do we find that? Someone once mentioned we use the number next to DEPARTURE on the green card in his passport?

On part 2: They want to know how he's able to apply for the adjustment of status. I don't know which box to check. We are filing form I-130, do I attach a copy of that with this form and check the first box? None of the other choices apply to him.

Part 3: They ask "Consulate where visa was issues". He recieved his visa at the airport through the visa waiver program, so what do we put there?

On the FORM I-485 DATA SHEET: IT asks for nonimmigrant calssification at time of application...now sure what to put? It also asks for the consulate issuing visa, but again he got his at the airport on the waiver program. It asks for "number of last nonimmigrant visa" - what does this mean? And "Classification of last nonimmigrant visa" - again what's this?

I believe it states in the instructions (I-485) that we keep the medical examintion envelope with us untilthe interview. Is that correct? Does anyone know for how long is that exam evaluation good for? ie: does it expire?
    ----------------------------------------------

Thanks to anyone who can truly help me with these questions!!

Hi - I've got a couple questions for those that can help me out. My husband will be filing form I-485 (along with other required forms) and I have a couple questions about things they ask for on the form.

On part 1: They ask for his current USCIS status. His visa HAS expired, but we did marry before it expired. What does he put here? It also asks for his I-94# however where do we find that? Someone once mentioned we use the number next to DEPARTURE on the green card in his passport?

On part 2: They want to know how he's able to apply for the adjustment of status. I don't know which box to check. We are filing form I-130, do I attach a copy of that with this form and check the first box? None of the other choices apply to him.

Part 3: They ask "Consulate where visa was issues". He recieved his visa at the airport through the visa waiver program, so what do we put there?

On the FORM I-485 DATA SHEET: IT asks for nonimmigrant calssification at time of application...now sure what to put? It also asks for the consulate issuing visa, but again he got his at the airport on the waiver program. It asks for "number of last nonimmigrant visa" - what does this mean? And "Classification of last nonimmigrant visa" - again what's this?

I believe it states in the instructions (I-485) that we keep the medical examintion envelope with us untilthe interview. Is that correct? Does anyone know for how long is that exam evaluation good for? ie: does it expire?
    ----------------------------------------------

Thanks to anyone who can truly help me with these questions!!

Comment

www.visajourney.com

Comment

oh mandy what a mess!!!

i thought u would have been completed by now..

Why did u wait so long and especially after the I94 expired?

USCIS status is "out of status"

makes no difference u married when his I94 was still current! Just coz u married doesnt expedite things or change the rules.

I94 number is the number on the green piece of paper that he filled out on the flight over here and the card that was stamped at the airport.

He is able to apply for adjustment of status because he is married to a usc.

u dont attach teh form I130 to the 485 but it should go in the same package!

part 3. N/A he dont have a visa!! he came in on the Visa WAIVER prog. That means no visa was issued. The I94 is NOT A VISA!

number of last non immigrant visa ... u dont have one. leave blank.

No DO NOT KEEP THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION ENVELOPE WITH U!!! send it with the completed 130 and 485.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfd3:
          oh mandy what a mess!!!

i thought u would have been completed by now..

Why did u wait so long and especially after the I94 expired?

USCIS status is "out of status"

makes no difference u married when his I94 was still current! Just coz u married doesnt expedite things or change the rules.

I94 number is the number on the green piece of paper that he filled out on the flight over here and the card that was stamped at the airport.

He is able to apply for adjustment of status because he is married to a usc.

u dont attach teh form I130 to the 485 but it should go in the same package!

part 3. N/A he dont have a visa!! he came in on the Visa WAIVER prog. That means no visa was issued. The I94 is NOT A VISA!

number of last non immigrant visa ... u dont have one. leave blank.

No DO NOT KEEP THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION ENVELOPE WITH U!!! send it with the completed 130 and 485. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for your help. There are a couple reasons we waited to get this all done. The main reason being we were getting up the money for the forms. We were also told by a USCIS rep that as long as it was done within 1 year, it was ok to take our time and get it all done "right". She said not to rush if we needed time. ??? Were also told by same rep that it didn't matter if his I-94 expired before we were able to file the forms because we were married. I called BEFORE we got married to make sure of everything because I knew we wouldn't have the money right away. She stated to me that it would be "ok" because we were married before it was to expire. Is something wrong now?!?

As far as not sending a copy of I-130 with I-485...my cousin just recently went through sending smae forms for her husband and she said her I-485 was returned to her stating they DID need a copy of her I-130 since it wasn't approved yet. ???

Ok now I'm a wreck. Why the h e c k would the rep tell me it was ok to wait if it's NOT? Please don't tell me this is going to cause him to have to go back home?

Comment

Don't worry, you can address these concerns at the interview. Important...DON'T LIE ABOUT ANYTHING ON THE FORMS. This is considered fraud, just answer the questions honestly, if it is expired, put expired, etc. Most cases that are being processed are expired by the time the interview arrives anyway, but don't wait! The sooner you file, the sooner you will be in compliance. Be honest on the forms and honest at the interview. If the only thing you are worried about is the expiration date, that's not that big of a deal. Just tell the truth.

Comment

Sodium Hypochlorite

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs