Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOTICE OF DENIAL - CSS Lulac/ Newman (I-687)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mohan
    replied
    of course everycase is different and outcome of the case is diffrent too. this is discussion and people didn't give full iformation of the case . whatever is written above if its true answer is according to the law. if there are some information hidden, can change the outcome..

EXample: if you read threads.. people write .that they filed I130 married within 90 days, but they will not disclose that how they entered? then someone comes to the saqme thread and write his story that he got approved and finally he will disclose that it was not even marriage case .. it was Employer Sponsorship... Go figure what answer will be correct in that case..

Leave a comment:

• CARPI
    replied
    Hello,
    I received an intent of denial wich is due on the 28th of March. Does anybodie knows what is the status of a Lulac member? The company that I work for has filed a I-140 (for labor) and they are asking what is a status of a lulac member. is very confusing. Can people from the late amnesty file for any other kind of relief H1b or E2?. About my intent of denial I found a lawyer willing to help me and we've been reviewing all the documents and laws regarding to Lulac and Life he is very interested in this cases. We'll see what happens next I'll be posting regularly.
    carpier

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    Remember that this is a discussion forum, Buddy, opinions may abound, but binding decisions are nil. Nobody can answer here an absolute "yes or no" as every application/petition has its own character and destiny on the ground. When it comes to immigration, applying generalities is not always the rule of thumb.

Leave a comment:

• L.A. Boy
    replied
    wow! great, i was thinking about filing a different application. so once the decision becomes DENIED and FINAL does that mean i wont be deported or placed under removal proceedings since I filed my application 2 yrs ago under CSS/Lulac?

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    If you don't file an appeal or motion to reopen within 30 days, the denial decision becomes final. LULAC/CSS/NEWMAN is a compromise decision in 2004 by a California court, which is silent on deportation / removeability of an alien's late filing in case of denial. But the Form I-687 itself raises the "red flag" on misrepresentation. Some people I know in the same situation as yours in post-denial periods immediately sought other immigration options (employment/family) and during the interview, their LULAC filing/denial was just mentioned in passing, but the officer based his/her decision on the current application at hand.

Leave a comment:

• L.A. Boy
    replied
    what if i just withdraw my case?

i really dont want to pursue the case anymore as they are just giving me a hard time.

what is NTA? I thought CSS/Lulac is a non-deportable case

Leave a comment:

• mohan
    replied
    If you do not file anything, you are on risk of getting picked up By DHS anytime, after the lepse of 30 days time of appeal/motion.
    Once you picked up and detained then you will be issued NTA and removal proceeding statrts against you..

Leave a comment:

• L.A. Boy
    replied
    what if i do not file any motion to re-open?
    what will happen aside from my case being denied. will i be placed in removal proceedings?

pls advise.

Leave a comment:

• mohan
    replied
    you ave to file I 290B and send it to origional office who made initial dcision on your case with $385 fee. You have coice to file brief with the appeal, or take time ( normally 30 days), or file seperate etc.. u can include more proofs too.

Leave a comment:

• L.A. Boy
    replied
    now im very very CONFUSED!!!

i recieve my 1st NOTICE OF DENIAL for my I-687 application under CSS Lulac/ Newman.

should I file form I-290B or I-694?

im filing for MOTION TO RE-OPEN.

Please advise.

Leave a comment:

• L.A. Boy
    replied
    ok now im confused!

which form should I file?

I was given a NOTICE OF DENIAL for my I-687 application. which is Application for Status as Temporary Resident.

However, on my "Notice of Denial" letter, it says you can file motion to re-open w/ applicable fee of $385.

Which is which? Pls advise.

Form I-290B = $385
    Form I-694 = $110

Leave a comment:

• L.A. Boy
    replied
    thanks guys! I appreciate all your comments.

I guess I need to file I290B and shell out $385 from their own mistake.

can you believe that? ughhh!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do I need any form to re-open my case or do I just need to submit a letter along w/ my proof that I mailed a letter to re-schedule my appointment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LA Boy,
    You've got no choice, buddy, got to shell out $385 as Form I-290B filing fee. But although this form is addressed to the AAO in DC, it should be sent to the USCIS office that made the unfavorable decision. Write a formal letter explaining your circumstances and documentary evidence. And do it soon, your 30 to 33-day clock is ticking..........

Leave a comment:

• L.A. Boy
    replied
    any advice? pls help!

Leave a comment:

• L.A. Boy
    replied
    Thanks Loue! I totally agree with you!

No letter was sent back to me because I' am 100% sure that I wrote the correct address stated on the letter for re-schedule. 100% correct format. Grrrr!

Also, this is for my CSS/Lulac application not for life. No Life application for me.

So should I still apply through AAO administrative appeals?

If not, is there a form that I need to get for "MOTION TO RE-OPEN" a case?

Thanks a lot guys! Happy Friday!

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed