X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing my mind!

Hello guys
    This is my first post to this site so please be gentle. I need some advice so I'll get straight to the point.
    I filed my N-400 in February of 2004 at the Vermont Service Center. I was living in NJ at the time. I'm now in Florida. It's been almost 7 months since I changed my address and I have yet to hear anything about the status of my file. I paid two visits to my local sub-office and they said that it wasn't transferred yet as it's still in process. I know people who applied AFTER I did and already received their citizenship. I'm sooo pissed as I'm in law school and I want to apply for internships with the Federal Government but can't because I'm not a citizen. I could kick myself every day as I could have applied 3-4 years ago but didn't. Why is it taking them 7 months to put my application in the mail and sending it? What's going on? I wrote my senator, he replied that he's happy to help but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm sooo ***bed out. Please comfort me as I'm about to lose my mind!!!

Hello guys
    This is my first post to this site so please be gentle. I need some advice so I'll get straight to the point.
    I filed my N-400 in February of 2004 at the Vermont Service Center. I was living in NJ at the time. I'm now in Florida. It's been almost 7 months since I changed my address and I have yet to hear anything about the status of my file. I paid two visits to my local sub-office and they said that it wasn't transferred yet as it's still in process. I know people who applied AFTER I did and already received their citizenship. I'm sooo pissed as I'm in law school and I want to apply for internships with the Federal Government but can't because I'm not a citizen. I could kick myself every day as I could have applied 3-4 years ago but didn't. Why is it taking them 7 months to put my application in the mail and sending it? What's going on? I wrote my senator, he replied that he's happy to help but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm sooo ***bed out. Please comfort me as I'm about to lose my mind!!!

Comment

It does not take 7 months to transfer. You can call and just ask the INS operator what address he/she has for you. Then at least you will know if the change of address was processed.

Our file was transferred to Miami from San Antonio immediatly, but Miami lost it. Orlando finally traced it after about 6 months. If yours went to Miami first, it may be lost (temporarily). A call from your senator might cause folks down there to search for it.

Comment

Irishfox2-
        Thank you so much for responding. Well I received a letter on Dec.6th that they have processed my change of address. When I spoke to an immigration officer on April 29th he told me that they have my current address on file but my file is still in Vermont!!! He told me to give them 30 more days for it to get to Jacksonville-it's been almost 60 days since that convo and almost 7 monts since I changed my address. It's ridiculous. I'm soo frustrated and there is no one to help or give me concrete answers.
        Thanks for your input though.

Comment

If you can afford it, why not just reapply?

Comment

Response to Sphyrapicaus3:
            I don't think it's possible to reapply? Are you sure it's possible. I'll call the national customer service center to find out. I shouldn't have to reapply when they cashed my $306 dollars. This is not the way the system should work but if it's possible I will.
            Thanks-

Comment

In reference to reapplying: I just checked out the USCIS website. I cannot reapply unless I've received a letter that my application has been denied for whatever reason. So I have no choice but to continue to wait-impatiently.

Comment

The following article implies that you can indeed reapply.

http://www.nydailynews.com/city_life...p-211365c.html

Comment

Legaleagle

I hear what you are saying. My husband works for the government (he was born a US Cit) I am a Canadian citizen still. I could have applied 9 years ago but as a young college kid did not have the money to do it. I applied for a contractor govt job I wanted. I was hired but they can't finish the hiring process till I get my naturalization papers. I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years so this was a great job opportunity without having to worry about my children in daycare.

One of the reasons I did not apply for the N 400 until recently is we move every year with my husband's job to go up the GS ladder. I was told to wait until we would be some place for 2 years to apply which is now where we are. INS told me when I renewed my green card that moving can severely back up your N 400 application if they have to transfer to different service centers and local branches. They said it can set it back several months.

Hopefully your 7 months is more than enough. I would call again once the 60 days have passed and see what is going on. The processing date of the original app NOA, has it passed? If it is more than 30 days past your application NOA then I would definitely get on the ball. Seems like a little too long even though you did move.

I can tell you we did live in Florida and I did not apply there as the waits were extremely long for everything. However, times are better now than they were 4 yrs ago.

Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed