Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a rule to file for labour 1 year before my H1-B visa expires?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a rule to file for labour 1 year before my H1-B visa expires?

I am currently in the U.S. in H-1B status and working for Company A. Can I start my Green Card Process with a different company at the same time and still continue working for Company A? If yes, do I need to have an H-1B approved for Company B separately. Also, is there a rule to file for labour 1 year before my H1-B visa expires?

I am currently in the U.S. in H-1B status and working for Company A. Can I start my Green Card Process with a different company at the same time and still continue working for Company A? If yes, do I need to have an H-1B approved for Company B separately. Also, is there a rule to file for labour 1 year before my H1-B visa expires?

Comment

Anybody?????My visa is getting expired in march 2006. Does that mean I have to file for my labors by this year march?

Comment

There is a rul about this, I just can't remember if it is 6 months or 1 year. Either way, I would go ahead and file for a labor certification. It is free and it takes a loooong time to get it from the department of labor in your state. My visa expired and I would have had to leave the US had it not been for the fact that my application for a labor cert was submitted. Ask for a letter documenting that it is submitted, as this will save you later.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation