X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in H1-B visas, 10,000 more approved applications

can anyone help?
    As of March 25, 2005 Homeland Security Department Exceeds Limit Set by Congress for Visas for High-Tech Workers. I'm wondering wether USCIS will continue processing applications received before the October 1, 2004 cut-off?

Thanking you in advance for your prompt reply.

can anyone help?
    As of March 25, 2005 Homeland Security Department Exceeds Limit Set by Congress for Visas for High-Tech Workers. I'm wondering wether USCIS will continue processing applications received before the October 1, 2004 cut-off?

Thanking you in advance for your prompt reply.

Comment

On Tuesday DHS forwarded to OMB a rule entitled 'Allocation of H-1B visas created by the H-1b visa reform act of 2004'.

After OMB approves requletion it will be sent back to DHS to be published in Federal Register.

It should be published withing next few days.
      Once published , it wil give green light for Employers to submit addl. 20000 H1B petitions to CIS in addition to 65000 petitions subject to numerical cap.

What is not clear is whether the beneficiaries will be limited to those who have obtained an adv. degree from US university or to ANY college graduate with appropriate job offer.

Good Luck,
      E.

Comment

I'm referring to applications submitted to USCIS before the end of FY 2005,i.e. application received prior to October 1, 2004 cut-off. Since the approved visa is more 10,000 from the than 65,000 cap for FY 2005. Are those application which do not yet have result that made it the to the October 1, 2004 cut-off will be continue to be processed?

Comment

The last time I heard that CIS, by mistake, approved 10.000 extra petitions (above cap), before enaction of H-1 visa reform.

Your best bet is to wait for regulations to appear on Federal Register.

Comment

Would you kindly direct me to the regulations regarding this issue before the inaction of H-1 visa reform.

Thank you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed