Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration question from a US citizen in regards to his fiance'

I would like to ask for advice on having my fiance come to America for visit. She is a resident of Indonesia who studies in Germany. Does anybody have resources on the procedures and the difficulties one might experience in haveing my finace visit me in the states. She already has applied for a B-2 visitor visa but was denied. Is there any contact information on regards how to furthur persue this situation, whether it be that i invite her under a fiance' visa or not. What are the requirements that i must abide by in order to meet the criteria? Thankyou for any post or replies...
    jon

I would like to ask for advice on having my fiance come to America for visit. She is a resident of Indonesia who studies in Germany. Does anybody have resources on the procedures and the difficulties one might experience in haveing my finace visit me in the states. She already has applied for a B-2 visitor visa but was denied. Is there any contact information on regards how to furthur persue this situation, whether it be that i invite her under a fiance' visa or not. What are the requirements that i must abide by in order to meet the criteria? Thankyou for any post or replies...
    jon

Comment

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/fiance.htm

Comment

The best bet would be the finace visa. Any sort of temporary or tourist visa will probably be denied on account of her having an American boyfriend. To be romantically involved with a US citizen is pretty much always considered by the INS as having "intent to immigrate."
        Have a nice day

Comment

fiances from developing countries have about a .0000000043% chance of returning to their country instead of staying with their American boyfriend, so I would estimate the chance of her getting a tourist visa at about the same.

Comment

If I were to apply her for a fiance visa, does the ammount of money that I make play a significant role on the overall decision from the INS, even though she is currently working upon her masters degree? By the time the paperwork for the fiance visa would be complete she would be finished with her masters. Is this enough for her to be admitted by the INS as a fiance of me?

Comment

Also, the fact that she's studying abroad, and not in her homeland, indicates that she's not that interested in returning to her homeland, and it's strong ties to that she needs to show for a nonimmigrant visa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation