My wife passport and green card captured at D.C

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the definition of a "reputable" immigration attorney? Remember, in order to become an immigration attorney, one must have either (a) taken and failed the Ethics 101 class or (b) never have taken the class at all.....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
      what is the definition of a "reputable" immigration attorney? Remember, in order to become an immigration attorney, one must have either (a) taken and failed the Ethics 101 class or (b) never have taken the class at all..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

S12, this person needs the best of the best, I'm afraid.

Comment

I See Progress and i am not disappointed.

it will get worse before It gets better

not like last year, or the year before that!!

It Is Very Satisfying To see Others Looking deeper before Helping!!!

Taking The Time to Make Absolutely Sure Those Seeking Help Are TRUE!!!! and Not Bad Seeking a way Out!!! Thanks To ALL!!!!
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
          what is the definition of a "reputable" immigration attorney? Remember, in order to become an immigration attorney, one must have either (a) taken and failed the Ethics 101 class or (b) never have taken the class at all..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incorrect. Most states require that one must pass the MPRE - Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination prior to being admitted. Professional Responsibility is also tested on most state bar examinations. It is also a required class at most law schools. As an outstandingly ethical person, I performed extremely well on the MPRE, receiving one of the highest scores possible.

Comment

And which of your multiple personalities took that exam?
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

I concur with the consensus of other people here that this woman sounds extremely dangerous. The obvious prior fraudulent marriage, the VAWA application and the arrest are extremely dispositive of her criminal behavior. We have seen this same pattern repeated many times here. You are now on notice of what she is.

Do some research about the effects of fraud on victims and you may want to reconsider your participation in her scheme. The 4 areas that will be effected are legal, financial psychological and mental.

I am not saying you have to hate that person or become upset. But you should not allow yourself to become a victim.

Good Luck.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
                And which of your multiple personalities took that exam? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's so boring and unimaginative to have just one personality

Comment

Hi All,

I am thankful for all your comments.

i would like to know can a lawyer go along with her in the boarder control customs and immigration office at Washington DC airport on the day of deffered inspection?

I would like to know what can happen in the worst case?

can they deport my wife on the day of hearing itself ?

if the answer is no, what will happen ?

If the answer is yes can any lawyer save her from being deported?

will she get a chance to defend her case?

At a same time i would like to know the concrete action i need to take.

What kind of lawyer i should approach?

Any references?

I have no clue about finding the lawyer.

How should i start my search for the right lawyer?

Looking at the situation how many dollar i should prepare to pay?

Regards
                  Harshad

Comment

Yes, a lawyer should be able to go with you to deferred inspection.

The worst case is they detain your wife and send her to some state far away for removal hearings. If she already has a lawyer, they shouldn't be able to send her far away, but they can still detain her.

I've never heard of anyone being deported on the day of the hearing. Anyway, if she loses her case, she can appeal. They can't deport her until her appeals are finished.

I don't know what you mean about can a lawyer save your wife from being deported. But, let's put it this way, people with lawyer's have a lot better chance in Immigration Court than people without lawyers.

Yes, everyone gets a chance to defend themselves in immigration court.

You need to find a lawyer who has experience with deferred inspection, removal proceedings, and waivers. Depending on what country your wife is from, you might also look for someone with experience in political asylum. You can start to search at the American Immigration Lawyers Association, http://www.alia.com. You can also search at http://www.martindale.com.

Be prepared to pay at least $500.00 for the attorney to go to deferred inspection. If your wife is put into removal proceedings, be prepared to pay at least $300.00 for each "master calendar hearing" and at least $800.00 for the final hearing itself. This is the absolute lowest any reputable lawyer would take. Most good attorneys will ask for more. If your wife is detained, be prepared to pay several thousand dollars more for bond hearings, travel expenses, etc..
                    Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

Comment

Didn't you read what we wrote???

http://www.immigrationfraudvictims.org/

Comment

This One is a GONNER!!! Why Bother???? delete! Ignore!!!

Just how I See it! ME!!!!
                        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation